The Training Place of Excellence
This course is a government funded programme designed to provide students with a practical understanding to accounts and finance. This qualification is ideal for anyone who wants to start a professional career in accounting.
You can earn up to 15% more than unqualified staff. This is the ideal route if you're looking to go straight into industry or progress into ACCA or ICAEW.
AAT is open to everyone and you don't need any previous qualifications to start studying towards the AAT qualification.
A lot of students decide to study AAT as an alternative to university. School leavers decide to study the AAT as a vocational option so they can avoid building up student debt and more freedom to train and work simultaneously.
Our Award Winning Firm offers the daytime, evening and distance learning when delivering the AAT Level 2. We structure our courses so you gain a practical understanding of how accounts works in the real world.
Students can opt to gain a guaranteed work placement within our partner accounting firm (St Mary’s Accounting Services) to help consolidate knowledge from the courses and to assist them with relevant work experience tailored towards employment.
Furthermore, we offer unlimited all access tutorial support where students gain all access to our ROGO online platform and extra one to one classroom support with a tutor.
Our success in our methods of teaching has been reflected in our pass and completion rate of 98.21% and 98.94% respectively.
This qualification will prepare you for junior and entry level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration - covering areas such as double entry bookkeeping to basic costing principles and using accounting software.
You will learn finance, accountancy, business and communications skills.
Benefits of studying at our award winning training centre
- 13 months voluntary work placement opportunity
- Having the opportunity to secure an accounting job with one of our partnership firms
- Daytime, Evening & Saturday classes available
- Free CV & Interview session
- Tutor-led interactive sessions
- Taught by practicing Accountants
- Free study materials
- Interactive group activities
- Small class sizes
- Free after training support
These elements of the course is free which includes:
- Your distance learning fees
- A study manual for each module
- Osborne workbooks to help you prepare for your exams
- Any Exam Preparation Days to include email resources
- Support and Guidance from your qualified AAT Tutor
The AAT Level 2 consists of 5 modules and each has an exam to be sat and passed. The Synoptic exam is a holistic exam which will test you on all topics of the Level 2, and is sat towards the end of your studies.
- Bookkeeping Transactions (BTRN)
- Bookkeeping Controls (BKCL)
- Elements of Costing (ELCO)
- Working Effectively in Finance and Synoptic (FSYA)
- Using Accounting Software (UACS)
During the accounting work placement, you will take the role of an accounts assistant and you will be shadowing a chartered certified accountant and working on live client accounts. You will have the opportunity to practically apply the knowledge acquired from our training sessions into a real work environment.
You will have the opportunity to practically apply the knowledge acquired from our training sessions into a real work environment. You will be involved in accountancy duties with St Mary's Accounting Services includes, but not limited to:-
- Setting up and updating cash flow reports
- Managing and maintaining nominal codes and coding systems
- Updating and reconciling nominal ledgers activities and transactions
- Maintaining and updating the Sales and Purchase ledgers
- Dealing with bank postings and bank reconciliations
- Adjustments, Journals, Reconciliations and Year-end processes
- Setting up and dealing with different reports
- Preparation of Profit & Loss Accounts, Trial Balance and Balance Sheet
The work placement is vital for accounting students who lack practical work experience. The training's are usually one day a week and the work placement is also one day a week. We offer individuals the flexibility to combine the training and work placement into one long day or into two days.
For each complete AAT level you study with us, you will be entitled to 12 months work placement, except for the distance learning.
* Look on our website to have more details on how our programme works and the full terms and conditions.
Who is this course for?
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (QCF) is suitable for learners who are new to finance and wish to gain a thorough grounding in accountancy knowledge and skills from costing and double-entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting.
Suitable to anyone interested in pursuing a career in the accounting and financial services sector.
Upon completion of the AAT Foundation Certificate you should be able to apply for any of the following roles;
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Officer
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Tax Assistant/Trainee
- Trainee Accounts Technician
Potential earnings will be about £7,215 to £24,000 per annum.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.