London Governance & Compliance Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Management Accounting: Costing
You’ll develop the knowledge and skills to understand the role of cost and management accounting in an organisation and understand how organisations use this information to make management decisions.
This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You’ll develop the technical skills to start, or progress, your career in accountancy and this will allow you to continue with your studies onto Level 4.
To pass this level you’ll need to study five units (also known as subjects), which are all mandatory. Four of the units are examined individually and there is also a synoptic assessment that you’ll take towards the end of the level, which incorporates the final two units as well as drawing on all of the other units you’ve studied at this level.
Management Accounting: Costing (MMAC)
- Understand the purpose of management accounting, including applying techniques required for dealing with costs and being aware of organisational requirements
- Learn to analyse, review and report deviations from budget, and apply management accounting techniques to support key decision making
We will support you every step of the way throughout your AAT learning experience with us. You can contact a tutor and get the help you need quickly and easily.
Provided by our Tutors Support team (our dedicated team of expert tutors):
• Live chat (instant response via online messenger system)
• Email (we'll get back to you within 1 working day)
• Discussion forum (we’ll get back to you within 1 working day)
• Request a call back so you can speak to a tutor (we’ll arrange a call with you within 1 day).
Why study AAT with LGCA?
• Study anywhere, anytime on your laptop, phone or tablet through this fully online learning
• Award-winning learner management system (LMS)
• Immediate start
• Access to practice questions and mock assessments
• Topic focused learning modules, containing tutor-led bite-sized videos
• Engaging activities designed for effective online learning
• Integrated programme to guide you efficiently through the whole syllabus
Registration and Access
Once you complete an online purchase you will receive confirmation of account activation. Please allow 48 hours to get access to all the modules and for your eLearning account to be set up.
Who is this course for?
Live Online is perfect if you want the structure of a traditional timetabled classroom course, but you can't get to a LGCA training centre – because Live Online brings the classroom to you in real time.
You don't need any previous experience or qualifications to start studying AAT, just a willingness to learn! It'll give you a step onto the accountancy career ladder if you...
- Have recently left school or college.
- Work in accounts in a junior or administrative role.
- Are thinking of changing career to become an accountant.
Did you know that accountancy is one of the most popular choices for people who want a new career path? Even though you need to be dedicated, you can easily fit AAT training around your work and personal life.
Salaries vary from job to job and city to city, but a typical entry accounts role could see you earning between £16,000-£24,000. Over time you could see this rise to as much as £37,000 as you progress and gain experience.
It also opens up further study options, including ACCA for finance and tax, or CIMA for corporate accounting where qualified salaries can exceed £60,000.
You must be 16 or over and be competent in Maths and English to apply at Level 2.
If you have previous accountancy experience or A-Levels, you may be exempt from some exams.
With an AAT qualification, the world is your oyster! Whilst studying you'll develop the skills to get your first role as an Accounts Assistant. As you get further through the qualification, you'll be able to progress and even specialise with jobs such as Payroll Manager, Finance Analyst, Tax Manager and Bookkeeper becoming available.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.