London School of International Business
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The objective of the Diploma Information Technology - University Year 1 & 2(Level 4 + 5) is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Diploma Information Technology - University Year 1 & 2(Level 4 & 5) will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
Why is this course right for you?
- Transform your career: Enrol today and make a life changing decision, get necessary knowledge to transform your career.
- Move up in your career: With our fully accredited course, you can move up to the next level in your organisation with ease.
- Upgrade your skills : Add value to your current educational profile and achieve skill sets to compete in your job role.
- Enhance your credibility: the qualification is fully accredited and recognised and adds value to your educational profile.
- Progression opportunities : As this qualification is approved and regulated, learners are eligible to progress to Level 6 Diplomas; or the final year of undergraduate study in Computer Science, Information Technology or related on completion at an attractive fee plan.
- Cost effective: Typically, British qualification starts from GBP £3000 per annum, but with LSIB, you enjoy savings of up to 60% on your educational investment.
- 100% Online: Study online with the UK’s leading online course provider.
- Global programme: Study anytime, anywhere using your laptop, phone or a tablet.
- Study material: Comprehensive study material / e-library support / study links available at no additional cost.
- Easy Payment plans: Interest free monthly, quarterly and half yearly payment plans available for all courses.
- Extensive Tutor Support : Qualifications delivered by LSIB comes with complete tutor support via live chat and email. Support via whatsapp call is provided on case to case basis.
- Assessments: Assessment is done through written assignments and/ or dissertation project.
- Fees listed is for complete course - inclusive of all costs.
- We also offer flexible payment plans, please contact us via phone / email / Chat / whats App or simply email us admissions[at]lsib[dot]co[dot]uk
This qualification is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
OfQual Qualification Number : 603/3614/6
Diploma Information Technology - University Year 1 & 2 (Level 4 + 5) represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree.
Diploma Information Technology - University Year 1 & 2(Level 4 + 5) is a 240 credit qualification consisting of 6 mandatory units each of Level 4 and Level 5.
Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
- Programming Foundations (20 credits)
- Systems Analysis and Design (20 credits)
- Web and Multimedia Applications (20 credits)
- Computer and Network Technology (20 credits)
- Software Development (20 credits)
- Managing Business Information (20 credits)
Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology
- Software Engineering (20 credits)
- Database Systems (20 credits)
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design (20 credits)
- Management Information Systems (20 credits)
- Network Information Systems (20 credits)
- IT Project Management (20 credits)
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed and externally verified by the awarding body. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria.
Who is this course for?
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business.
Successful completion of the qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to Level 6 Diploma qualification or opt for Bachelors Degree Top Up such as :-
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Information Systems)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Network Technology)
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Technologies
The Learners must possess:
- Level 3 Award/Diploma or equivalent qualification
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
Please get in touch with the admissions team for more information. Visit London School of International Business website and chat with the admissions agents for more information.
On successful completion of this qualification,
Learners may progress to:
- Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology
- Opt for Bachelors Degree Top in Information Technology / Computing with LSIB.
Learner can also opt for variety of job roles such as:
- Business analyst
- Data analyst
- Database administrator
- Information systems manager
- IT consultant
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.