The smart, fast and budget-friendly way to get your TEFL qualification is by studying online with International Open Academy. Sign up for our 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL CPD Certificate Course and you can instantly learn how to teach English abroad. Teaching English is a wonderful way to make money while travelling anywhere in the world.
Our TEFL/TESOL course is self-paced so it’s up to you how long it takes to complete the modules, pass the exams and gain your qualification. Make sure your passport is up to date - you’ll find a huge demand for your skills as an English teacher in all corners of the world.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
- Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
- Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
This fully-accredited course will enable you to:
- Travel the world while teaching English
- Teach online from your home or overseas
- Teach immigrants in your own country
- Help people gain a better education by learning a new language
Career path (read more in Career path session below):
- Get a job at an English academy anywhere in the world
- Offer bespoke lessons to businesses abroad
- Teach private one-on-one lessons
- Teach English online
- Work as an au pair, nanny, or childminder
Our complete TEFL/TESOL course will walk you through all you need to know to be a successful English teacher and also offers handy tips on the recruitment process.
Sign up, start learning and get ready to begin your amazing journey of a lifetime. Start the 120 Hour TEFL Certificate course today.
Your TEFL/TESOL qualification will open so many doors. English is the universal language of business, which means there are countless opportunities to teach while you travel.
Our online accredited TEFL/TESOL course is compiled by an experienced teacher. He will show you:
- Teaching methods and English grammar
- How to keep your students motivated
- How to plan lessons
- Where to look for teaching jobs
- Tips on surviving interviews
- How best to prepare for life in a different culture
How is the course assessed?
By studying TEFL/TESOL online with IOA, you do not have to wait to sit an exam or pay extra for it. At the end of each module, you will take an exam and know your score immediately.
Will I get a TEFL/TESOL certificate?
Yes, for your certificate you need to complete the course and successfully pass each course module with a score of 55% or more. You can also get the ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
This is your super opportunity for your own personal development too. Meet new people, understand new cultures and explore new worlds by teaching abroad. Enrol today.
TEFL Course Syllabus
Module 1: Teaching and learning
- Understanding cultural backgrounds
- The importance of first language
- Getting started
Module 2: Linguistics
Module 3: Reading
- Developing reading skills
- Auditory and visual discrimination
- Forming associations
- Reading for purpose
Module 4: Writing
- Sentence structure
- Creating new knowledge
- Informative and explanatory writing
- Persuasive writing
Module 5: Speaking
- Sounding out words
- Reading out loud
- Responding to questions
- Presenting new ideas
Module 6: Listening
- Decoding sounds
- Repeating what you hear or transcribing
- Paraphrasing what you hear
- Conversational English
- Using what you hear to present new ideas
Module 7: Pedagogy
- Understanding motivation
- Know where you’re going
- Constructive criticism
Module 8: Lesson planning
- Standards and objectives
- Following a curriculum
- Varying instruction
- Teaching strategies
- Meaningful assessments
Module 9: Classroom management
- Setting expectations
- Choosing your battles
- Unique strategies
Module 10: Getting a TEFL job
- What do you need?
- Building a resume
- Possible TEFL destinations
- Interview techniques: What are they looking for?
- Preparing to join a different culture
Who is this course for?
- Everyone who wants to teach English to speakers of other languages whether at home, abroad or online
- People looking for a way to make money while travelling
- Teachers looking for a refresher course or seeking new methods and lesson plans for their students
- People working as an au pair, nanny or childminder who want to add a new service to their clients
- Students looking for an interesting working holiday abroad
- People interested in education and educating others
- Volunteers working overseas who can see the benefits of teaching English
International Open Academy TEFL courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Provide classes for the hospitality and tourism industry overseas who cater for English-speaking tourists
- Become a teaching assistant in a school
- Set up your own business as a freelance teacher
- Go on to use the train the trainer approach and pass your new-found skills on to others
- Gain a better understanding of English and grammar to improve your own language studies
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi just want to know after completion of the course do I get certificate of the course and is it valid for jobs.Thanks
A PDF certificate is included in your course at no additional fee. To be eligible to gain your certificate, you need to successfully pass each course module (55% mark or more). Also, your course progress has to be 100% (each course page has to be saved) to ensure that the course is fully completed. These are specialized courses, but they are not degrees or diplomas. Anyone seeking a Diploma will likely be looking into a minimum 12-months college-based course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, Is there a time limit to the course data.
Hi Linda, thank you for your query. There's no time limit to complete the course. Once you register, you get 12 months to activate and start the course. Once activated, you will have lifetime access to the course content material. You enable the course by clicking the 'Start' button found on your virtual campus in your account.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Which awarding organisation grant this award? Thanks
Our courses and processes meet the strict standards criteria of the International Council for Online Educational Standards. Accreditation number: ICOES/00763/13/36; We are a recognized member of The CPD Certification Service, with the CPD Membership Number: 1081. IOA has 100 courses CPD accredited. CPD courses count towards the individuals' CPD hour records.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Are there any other fees in addition to the £29 course fee? Are there any 'hidden' charges for certification or marking fees etc?
No. There are no other fees. All you need to complete the course is included in the course price. On the completion of the course you will receive your TEFL PDF certificate. If you wish to order a hard copy one issued by the International Council for Online Educational Standards small printing and posting fee will apply but this is optional.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Kamoru Bello asked:
Can Nigeria perticipate in a this program.
Yes, course is open to students from all over the world!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Are we legally permitted to work with this certificate?
Yes, you are. Please visit Reviews section on our website - International Open Academy to read success stories of students receiving jobs with certificate. We also work with few recruitment companies which rely on our certificate to assist their clients in getting job placement e.g. Can Go China.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.