International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
The smart, fast and budget-friendly way to get your TEFL qualification is by studying online with International Open Academy. Sign up for our 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL CPD Certificate Course and you can instantly learn how to teach English abroad. Teaching English is a wonderful way to make money while travelling anywhere in the world.
Our TEFL/TESOL course is self-paced so it’s up to you how long it takes to complete the modules, pass the exams and gain your qualification. Make sure your passport is up to date - you’ll find a huge demand for your skills as an English teacher in all corners of the world.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
- Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
- Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
This fully-accredited TEFL/TESOL course will enable you to:
- Travel the world while teaching English
- Teach online from your home or overseas
- Teach immigrants in your own country
- Help people gain a better education by learning a new language
Career path (read more in Career path session below):
- Get a job at an English academy anywhere in the world
- Offer bespoke lessons to businesses abroad
- Teach private one-on-one lessons
- Teach English online
- Work as an au pair, nanny, or childminder
Our complete TEFL/TESOL course will walk you through all you need to know to be a successful English teacher and also offers handy tips on the recruitment process.
Sign up, start learning and get ready to begin your amazing journey of a lifetime. Start the 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL Certificate course today.
Your TEFL/TESOL qualification will open so many doors. English is the universal language of business, which means there are countless opportunities to teach while you travel.
Our online accredited TEFL/TESOL course is compiled by an experienced teacher. He will show you:
- Teaching methods and English grammar
- How to keep your students motivated
- How to plan lessons
- Where to look for TEFL teaching jobs
- Tips on surviving interviews
- How best to prepare for life in a different culture
How is the TESOL/TEFL course assessed?
There is a short multiple choice exam at the end of each module for you to take and you’ll know your score immediately.
By studying TESOL/TEFL online with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, those who successfully complete the exams will be awarded the PDF TESOL/TEFL Certificate. (Already included in price)
You can also get the hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
120 Hour TESOL/TEFL Course Syllabus
Module 1: Teaching and learning
- Understanding cultural backgrounds
- The importance of first language
- Getting started
Module 2: Linguistics
Module 3: Reading
- Developing reading skills
- Auditory and visual discrimination
- Forming associations
- Reading for purpose
Module 4: Writing
- Sentence structure
- Creating new knowledge
- Informative and explanatory writing
- Persuasive writing
Module 5: Speaking
- Sounding out words
- Reading out loud
- Responding to questions
- Presenting new ideas
Module 6: Listening
- Decoding sounds
- Repeating what you hear or transcribing
- Paraphrasing what you hear
- Conversational English
- Using what you hear to present new ideas
Module 7: Pedagogy
- Understanding motivation
- Know where you’re going
- Constructive criticism
Module 8: Lesson planning
- Standards and objectives
- Following a curriculum
- Varying instruction
- Teaching strategies
- Meaningful assessments
Module 9: Classroom management
- Setting expectations
- Choosing your battles
- Unique strategies
Module 10: Getting a TEFL job
- What do you need?
- Building a resume
- Possible TEFL destinations
- Interview techniques: What are they looking for?
- Preparing to join a different culture
Who is this course for?
- Everyone who wants to teach English to speakers of other languages whether at home, abroad or online
- People looking for a way to make money while travelling
- Teachers looking for a refresher course or seeking new methods and lesson plans for their students
- People working as an au pair, nanny or childminder who want to add a new service to their clients
- Students looking for an interesting working holiday abroad
- People interested in education and educating others
- Volunteers working overseas who can see the benefits of teaching English
- Anyone who wants to understand more about the structure of language, linguistics and English grammar
International Open Academy TEFL courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Provide classes for the hospitality and tourism industry overseas who cater for English-speaking tourists
- Become a teaching assistant in a school
- Set up your own business as a freelance English teacher
- Go on to use the train the trainer approach and pass your new-found skills on to others
- Gain a better understanding of language and English grammar to improve your own language studies
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, Is there a time limit to the course data.
There's no time limit for completing the course. Once you register you will have lifetime access to the course content material.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi just want to know after completion of the course do I get certificate of the course and is it valid for jobs.Thanks
With our TESOL/TEFL course, you will receive a certificate which will highly improve your CV and therefore increase chances of getting employment. We have many students who received jobs straight after getting our certificate. In addition, this course is CPD accredited (by CPD UK). You will also be eligible to order an ICOES Hard Copy certificate if a printed certificate is required by the institution which you are applying to.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Which awarding organisation grant this award? Thanks
Our TESOL/TEFL certification course is fully accredited by ICOES and CPD Certification Service ( CPD UK). It will give you the tools you need to be successful as a teacher of English as a Second Language.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.