This 12 week Vegan and Vegetarian Course will teach you the essential cooking skills and techniques for vegan and vegetarian cooking, as well as all of the nutrition and dietary information required when leading a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. In just 12 weeks, you will learn how to create delicious and nutrient dense meals for your whole family.
- 12 weeks of tuition, with weekly videos, course booklets, recipes and assignments.
- Learn about the best nutrient-rich ingredients to provide you with the necessary vitamins for a vegan diet.
- Learn how to create fast, easy and nutritious meals for the whole family through in depth demonstrations.
- Assessments include: Assignments, Essays, Coursework, Multi Choice Quizzes
- This course is suitable for students interested in learning vegan and vegetarian cooking and pursuing a healthier lifestyle.
Please note: Minimum 10 hrs study per week is recommended to pass this course
This 12 week course. has been developed to take you through the fundamental elements of vegan and vegetarian cooking. You will learn what nutrients the body requires for sustenance and the best ingredients to use within vegan and vegetarian cooking.
Angela Poch, your course tutor graduated in Nutritional Counseling from the Total Health School of Nutrition in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She has also been a certified depression recovery director for over 10 years and holds a certificate in lifestyle matters. Angela continues to research mental and physical health and uses her 35 years of cooking experience to create vegetarian and dietary courses.
Week 1: Introduction
- Welcome to your course!
- Getting started with vegan cooking
- Say hi to your fellow students and let them know why you're taking the course
- Share your new course with family and friends
- Course Ebook - 222 Pages
- Course Objectives
- Handout - Recipe booklet
- Week 1: Assignment
Week 2: The Ingredients
- The ingredients
- Booklet and Recipes for Week 2
- Week 2: Nutrition Basics
- Week 2: Discussion
- Week 2: Assignment
Week 3: Quick and Easy Breakfasts
- Cold quick breakfast
- Booklet and Recipes for Week 3
- Week 3: Iron
- Week 3: Discussion
- Week 3: Assignments
Week 4: Hot Delicious Breakfasts
- Hot breakfasts
- Booklet and Recipes for Week 4
- Week 4: Protein
- Week 4: Discussion
- Week 4: Assignment
Course Work 1
- Course Assignment 1
- Discuss the assignment
Week 5: Packed Lunches
- Packed lunches
- Week 5: Calcium
- Week 5: Discussion
- Week 5: Assignment
Week 6: Hot Lunches and Main Meals
- Hot lunches
- Booklet and recipes for week 6
- Week 6: Exercise
- Week 6: Discussion
- Week 6: Assignment
Week 7: Suppers
- Booklet and recipes for week 7
- Week 7: Rest
- Week 7 Discussion
- Week 7: Assignment
Course Work 2
- Course Work 2
- Discuss the assignment
Week 8: Healthy Vegan Holidays 1
- Vegan holidays
- Week 8: Stress
- Booklet and recipes for week 8
- Week 8: Discussion
- Week 8: Assignment
Week 9: Healthy Vegan Holidays 2
- Healthy Vegan Holidays
- Booklet and Recipes for Week 9
- Week 9: Elements
- Week 9: Discussion
- Week 9: Assignment
Week 10: Breads and Spreads
- Bread and spreads
- Booklet and Recipes for week 10
- Week 10: Nutrition for the Mind
- Week 10: Discussion
- Week 10: Assignment
Week 11: Soup and Crackers
- Soup and crackers
- Booklet and reipes for week 11
- Week 11: Discussion
- Week 11: Sodium and all about salt
- Week 11: Assignment
Week 12: Healthy Desserts
- Healthy Desserts: Pies and Cobblers
- Booklet and Recipes for Week 12
- Week 12: Fats, good and bad
- Week 12: Discussion
- Week 12: Assignment
Final Course Work
- Final Course Work
- Course work discussion
You will receive a signed certificate of completion of the course, showing your mark if the course is assessed.
All of our courses are delivered online via video lectures, handouts and interactive assessments and can be viewed on any device with an internet connection.
You can ask questions and start discussions in the forum, with both the teacher and fellow students. Our student success team is on standby to answer any of your questions via email and live chat.
You would also have unlimited lifetime access to the content, so you can go at your own pace and refer back to the course when needed.
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is looking to change their diet and incorporate a new vegan/vegetarian lifestyle. Learn how cook tasty meals and live a more holistic life.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Become a nutritionist or dietician
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.