Things are (finally) starting to look up in April…
The government’s roadmap for easing lockdown restrictions is well underway, and the number of people being vaccinated is on the rise. Plus, with many more sectors scheduled to reopen this month and next, there’s reason to be optimistic this spring. Especially when it comes to career opportunities.
In fact, jobs are up year-on-year for the first time since the pandemic began – with vacancies posted on reed.co.uk in March rising by 39% compared to the same period in 2020.
So, which companies are hiring for staff right now? And what roles are on offer? We’re glad you asked…
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. Its mission? To provide unforgettable experiences and ensure passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
Unfortunately, this hasn’t been possible over the last 12 months. But Carnival still has big plans for the future – with cruises set to resume from the summer. And as any world-leading cruise company worth their sea salt knows, it all starts with assembling the right crew.
There are a range of great opportunities on offer, particularly within tech. So if you’re looking for a fast-paced role with the possibility of travel built-in, now could be the perfect time to join the team.
Roles in demand:
- Tech: including Scrum Master, Analyst and Programme Manager
- Marketing: Proposition Manager, Senior Digital Implementation Analyst, Senior Advertising Manager
- Other: such as Sales Support and Systems Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Senior Manager (Business Change)
Benefits of working for Carnival UK include:
- Discounts on cruises, overseas travel and car hire
- Life assurance, regular health screening and a well-defined contribution-based pension scheme
- A great company culture, where difference is respected and valued and where people can be themselves – ‘better together’ is one of its core organisational values
If there was ever a right time to start a new and rewarding career in care, this is it. And Colten Care could be the perfect place to begin your journey.
Family-owned and with more than 30 years’ worth of experience, it operates high-quality care homes across the south of England. Its services include residential, nursing and dementia care – things which have only increased in demand due to ongoing physical and mental health concerns brought on by COVID-19.
Previous experience is helpful, but isn’t necessary for all roles. So even if you’re completely new to care, you can still help make a difference.
Roles in demand:
- Healthcare: Care Assistant, Nurse, Dementia Care Lead
- Other: including Waiting Staff, Administrator, Recruitment Manager and Marketing Executive
Why work for Colten Care?
- You’ll work for a leader in the field. Colten Care was voted a ‘Top 20 Care Home Group’ by carehome.co.uk for 2020 – with an average score of 9.9/10 across all its care homes
- You’ll make a real difference to people’s lives. Every single day
- You’ll be safe. Free vaccinations are offered to all members of staff
Location: Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and West Sussex.
National Express is the largest scheduled coach provider in the UK and Europe.
It owns and operates over 550 coaches in the UK alone and travels to somewhere in the region of 600 different destinations. So, as you can imagine, finding the right people is always high on the priority list. Now more than ever.
Multiple roles are being recruited for in April, ranging from fully-licensed coach drivers, right through to trainee drivers and engineers. Ready to go? Start your career journey with National Express today.
Roles in demand:
Facts about National Express include:
- Its coaches cover over 72 million miles every year (you know, aside from 2020), with a new coach ticket being bought every four seconds, pre-pandemic
- The longest direct route on a National Express coach runs from London to Inverness – more than 582 miles
- It has pioneered many industry innovations, including the introduction of wheelchair lifts to all its coaches. National Express also plans to become a zero-emission business by 2030
Location: Bournemouth, Birmingham, Gillingham, Reading and Walsall.
It’s not just about the journey (sorry, National Express,. it’s about the destination. And that’s where Parkdean Resorts comes in.
It’s getting ready to welcome holidaymakers to its holiday parks from 12th April, with Brits across the country preparing to make the most of their staycation options. And with some uncertainty still around when international travel will begin to open up, the option could be more attractive than ever in 2021.
Parkdean operates 67 holiday parks across the country, meaning there are jobs on offer in a breadth of locations. And with the majority situated in unrivalled rural and coastal locations, you’ll have the chance to work in some of the UK’s most picturesque spots. Something we could all do with, after lockdown.
Roles in demand:
- Catering: including Chef and Restaurant Manager
- Customer Service: including Guest Experience Manager, Customer Service Advisor and Sales Advisor
- Roles in Maintenance, Marketing, Tech, Accountancy and more
Benefits of working for Parkdean Resorts include:
- Full training provided and excellent opportunities for career progression
- A fantastic team environment and company culture
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family (with stand-by breaks also heavily discounted)
Location: Across the UK
Looking for a job with more Range? We’ve got this…
With over 180 stores nationwide on the verge of reopening, and more than 65,000 products on offer, The Range really does have something for everyone. An excellent variety of affordable homeware? Check. BBQs, fire pits, gazebos and garden accessories? Check. Great jobs? Those too.
In fact, the company has ambitious expansion plans over the next few years and is seeking self-motivated sales, operations and warehouse professionals to help The Range reach the next level.
Roles in demand:
- Retail: Retail Assistant, Supervisor, Store Manager
- Tech: BI Analyst, Developer
- Other: Warehouse Assistant, Cleaning Assistant, Customer Service Assistant
Why work for The Range?
- To work for a company with a great reputation. The Range was named a Sunday Times Top Track company in 2020 and is one of the UK’s fastest growing retailers
- To start (or progress) in your career. There are a lot of entry level roles for those without experience, as well as excellent progression schemes in place for all staff
- To save money. Yes, you’ve guessed it – generous staff discounts are available across the store!
Location: Throughout the UK (from Bolton and Bridgend, through to Ipswich and Inverness).
Ready to love Mondays? View all of our current vacancies now.
Find a job
Sign up for more Career Advice