Do you find yourself studying buildings in detail? Are you always scanning the property listings when you’re not even buying? If the answer is yes, becoming an estate agent could be the perfect career move for you.
Estate agents market, let and sell properties. It is a position which is all about negotiation and your ability to sell.
Becoming an estate agent involves hard work, dedication and good social skills. Key duties will also include;
- Answering enquires
- Showing clients around properties
- Viewing properties, taking measurements and pictures
- Valuing properties
- Negotiating a price which meets the needs of both the buyer and seller
To be successful in this position it’s essential to be self-motivated, and a passionate and persuasive communicator. Also, alongside your basic wage many employers provide performance based incentives and bonuses, meaning that goal-driven individuals are often the most succesful in this position.
Other key skills and attributes for an Estate Agent include:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Highly organised
- Persuasive negotiation skills
- An active interest in the property market
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines
I started working as an Estate Agent straight after my A-levels, and haven’t looked back since. Becoming an Estate Agent has enabled me to combine my passion for property with my upbeat and chatty personality. I love waking up every morning with the thought of selling someone their dream home.
You don’t need a degree to become an Estate Agent, and there are a number of specific qualifications which will help you get started – many of which can be taken before you find the right role.
This CPD accredited diploma will provide all the fundamental knowledge needed for a career in estate agency. Perfect for entry-level candidates.Enquire now