An Accountant’s main role is to prepare a business’ accounts, which can then be used to give an overview of their financial status. By tracking all of a company’s financial transactions, any irregularities or risks can be reported, and the business can plan better moving forward.
Although specific responsibilities vary from industry to industry, the role of an Accountant will usually include the following:
- Tracking and examining company income and expenditure
- Running payroll, and conducting audits
- Identifying and investigating financial risks or irregularities (including losses or suspected fraud)
- Giving advice on budgeting and making recommendations on how to increase profit
- Calculating tax owed and filing tax returns
The success of an Accountant is heavily dependent on their numerical ability. You will need to have a passion for mathematics, and a close attention to detail. You will also be able to work well under pressure, especially when approaching financial deadlines.
Other key skills and attributes include:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- Good organisational skills
- A natural flair for problem-solving
- An excellent understanding of accounting principles
Up to 35,000
Up to 50,000
Up to 100,000
I always excelled at Maths at school, so I knew that I wanted to go into a career that was numbers-based. The best thing about being an Accountant is the respect the position comes with. Your decisions and recommendations are extremely important to the business, and I feel like my job is a vital part of the process.
You won’t need a degree to become an Accountant, although an AAT qualification may be considered essential by most employers. The Sage 50 / QuickBooks / Excel / Xero Training will get you to grips with all you need to know and is perfect for anyone without any experience in the industry. The AAT Level 2 and AAT Level 3 with Work Experience will help you become a Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant,.
Sage 50 Training/ QuickBooks Training / Excel Training / Xero Training / Sage 50 is ideal for anyone looking for job in accountancy sectorEnquire now