estimated starting salary
Have you ever looked at a website and thought you could do better? Are you always updating your own page or blog with the latest features and innovations?
If you’re creative, and never away from your PC/Tablet/Mac (delete where applicable) then becoming a Web Designer could be the perfect career move for you.
The main role of a Web Designer is to create the visual elements of a website, controlling everything from the font to the colour scheme, and everything in between. Other key duties will usually include the following:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their objectives and requirements for the site
- Designing the site, including creating the layout, font, content and any necessary graphics/images
- Testing the effectiveness of new designs
- Uploading content to the site, and making sure it fits stylistically
- Implement designs through programming
This job is not for the technophobic, or those lacking creative flair. It will require originality, imagination and inspiration at all times to keep sites fresh, user friendly and unique.
You will also need excellent technical skills in order to implement any changes, and the ability to stay up-to-date with the latest industry innovations.
Other key skills include:
- A high level of computer literacy
- A creative flair for design
- Excellent team working skills
- Objectivity, and the ability to see the bigger picture
Junior Web Master
Up to 20,000
Up to 30,000
Senior Web Designer
Up to 40,000
Working for an online retailer, our site is visited thousands of times a day, and it gives me real satisfaction that so many people get to see my work. I like being at the stage where you are completely trusted to take the company in the right direction, and to keep the site performing well. When people say how user friendly everything is and how easy the site is to use, you know you make a big difference.
You won’t need a degree in order to become a Web Designer. However, you will need a good knowledge of coding, as well as experience with the most common Web Design programs.
The Adobe courses on offer in this package ensure you learn an excellent range of web design skills, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash. Also a great starting point for aspiring Graphic Designers.
Sign up for more Career Advice