Where there are computers, there are Database Developers…
The main role of a Database Developer is to take responsibility for new and existing databases, testing and developing them from their initial planning stages, gathering data, and ensuring they continue to function effectively.
Although specific responsibilities vary from industry to industry, the role of a Database Developer will include the following:
- Designing and developing databases and data models
- Editing and modifying a database, depending on the needs of the business
- Maintaining new and existing databases
- Fixing any faults or bugs found in the programming, and managing any security issues
- Providing technical support when needed
To be successful as a Database Developer, the key attribute needed is a high level of computer literacy. You will be expected to work at a fast pace, and easily adapt to different projects.
Confidence in your own abilities and knowledge of database specific programmes are also essential.
Other key skills include:
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Exceptional communication and team working skills
- Moral courage
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure, and to strict deadlines
Up to 33,500
Up to 40,000
Up to 50,000
I’ve always been a bit of a computer geek, so being a Database Developer definitely suits me. My job means that I get to be creative and do something I’m interested in every day. I love planning a database, gathering the data, and carrying out the project from the testing stages right through to getting it up and running. Also, I get to work with people who share the same interests as me, which always helps!
To become a Database Developer it is essential to have some knowledge of industry specific software, such as Oracle. Gaining a nationally recognised qualification can be crucial to finding the right position – with good examples being MCSA: SQL Server inc Official Microsoft Exams and Microsoft SQL Complete Course Suite.
This course package is ideal for IT technicians who are looking to move into or are already working in a SQL Server career.Enquire now