It’s Christmas time. There’s no need to be afraid…
When it comes to improving your career prospects, lessons can come from a number of places. Whether it’s from some witty and well-written career advice (ahem), a wise colleague or even a well-meaning family member, everyone has their own words of wisdom. Think Christmas is any different? Think again.
OK, so we all know that the ‘best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear’. The second best way? Gifs from your favourite festive films which are in some way applicable to you. Obviously.
Here are 14 career lessons from your favourite Christmas movies (N.B. walking in the air optional):
1. How to tell you’re in the wrong job:
2. How not to write a personal statement for your CV:
3. How to make your application stand out:
4. How to use business cards effectively (it’s all about networking):
5. When you tailor your CV, and get invited to an interview for your perfect role:
6. When you’ve not prepared for an interview:
7. What to tell yourself before an interview:
8. What not to tell yourself before an interview:
9. Cue cards are always a good idea:
10. What to say to a recruiter at the end of an interview:
11. What not to say to a recruiter at the end of an interview:
12. How to react positively when you don’t hear back from an interview:
13. How not to react positively when you don’t hear back from an interview:
14. How to react when you get that dream job:
Think we’ve missed any? Share them with us on twitter @reedcouk.
Still searching for your perfect position? View all available jobs now