So, another year of the Great British Bake Off is upon us.
And with so much uncertainty about the next series already (#TeamBerry), it seemed like a perfect time to look back and see what we’ve learned from the last few years. So, to mark the occasion, we’re taking a break from bringing you the latest CV tips and interview advice, to see how the some people’s experiences from their time in the tent can be applied to our own.
Here are 13 ways the Great British Bake Off is like your job search (tenuous links and soggy bottoms on standby):
1. When you finally sit down to update your CV
2. When you try and use your old CV as a template, but it’s all just clip art and Comic Sans…
3. When all you can think of for hobbies is ‘I enjoy socialising with friends’
4. When you read it back to yourself for the first time…
5. When you put the effort in, finally get your CV done, nail your cover letter and bag yourself that first interview
6. When it’s time to get ready for the interview
7. When you walk in one minute late for the interview
8. When you try and do something different to stand out from the crowd
9. When you’re asked: ‘Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?’
10. When the recruiter starts using the word ‘leverage’. A lot…
11. When you can’t think of any questions to ask at the end of the interview
12. When you sit and wait by the phone all weekend, anxiously waiting for it to ring
13. When finally, you get offered that dream job:
Think we’ve missed any? Share them with us on twitter @reedcouk using #GBBO.
Still searching for your perfect position? View all of our current vacancies now
Sign up for more Career Advice