Night Sortation Supervisor
The transportation team is looking for a Night Sortation Supervisor to drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. You should have the drive to motivate a team of individuals to meet targets and productivity expectations in line with company goals. You should be prepared to take responsibility for tracking the attendance and work flow of that team and rectify issues as they arise.
The ideal candidate requires leadership experience in the transportation delivery industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will:
- Be responsible for supporting daily management of department duties.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
- Ensure that any variances are investigated and a conclusion is reached before the end of shift.
- Ensure that all customer service queries are processed in accordance with the request details received.
- Accurately complete the Shift Handover Report and brief the Early Shift Manager.
- Be responsible for the communication of the daily team brief.
- Ensure the sufficient resourcing of your function including identifying training needs, absence and performance management, coaching and continuous monitoring of department productivity.
- Develop and maintain a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives including ensuring practices are compliant with legislation and policy through monitoring, auditing and reviewing practices on site.
- Assist with the training of new associates to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required.
- Be responsible for tracking, trending and reporting of departmental metrics.
- Track and report hours and schedules.
- Review and update SOPs and metrics as required.
- Follow up and solve process-related area issues as required.
- Improve flow of product through the area.
- Manage customer service escalations and interface with driver and day shifts as required.
- Be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Assign work to staff as required to support the workflow and daily metrics.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Meets or exceeds departmental production goals
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to train and learn new skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed
- Able to handle long and short term multiple tasks, whilst working in a fast-paced, newly-created environment
- A good understanding of commercial vehicle operations is desirable
- A good understanding of the Inbound and Outbound dock management and sortation process is desirable