CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for young people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
An exciting opportunity for a Service Development Manager, covering homes across Stoke has arisen. This involves the building of partnerships with Local Authorities to identify and admit suitable young people into specialist residential and education services. A company vehicle of which will be provided.
- To be the primary customer interface with Local Authorities and own the business development relationships that lead to new admissions and new service development
- To develop partnerships with all levels of decision-makers in Local Authorities to explain and position our specialist residential and education services. Decision-makers include Commissioning Teams, Children with Disabilities Teams, Social Workers, Youth Offender Teams and Youth Justice Teams
- To exercise professional judgement to help Local Authorities identify suitable young people for our services and to recommend, where appropriate, admission to CareTech Children’s services.
- To develop the professional relationships to achieve occupancy targets and report on regional demand & trends
- To manage the referral process and price negotiations, coordinating with the Business and Service Directors
- To provide accurate forecast information regarding new admissions and existing contracts and developments with Local Authorities
- To identify unmet service needs in Local Authorities and, working with the Business and Service Directors, 'own’ key initiatives for developing and marketing new services to meet these needs
- To provide a highly professional customer service, customer communications and interactions
- To assist in identifying, writing and maintaining regional framework agreements, preferred provider lists, and contract tenders
Candidates must be qualified to degree level or equivalent, or able to demonstrate a high level of intellect and common sense. Experience in specialist care environment, ideally in children’s services and experience of business management, financial planning and budgeting is required.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be over 21 and be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next two weeks please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.