Absolute Taste was formed in 1997 by Ron Dennis and Lyndy Redding to create contemporary, delicious food presented with style. Part of McLaren Group, we have grown from providing the finest food and hospitality to the VIP guests of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team to being one of the leading catering and event specialists in the market place. We are now made up of a diverse yet linked set of businesses that operate around the world. Exclusive international events, private jets and restaurants are now just a few of the places we find ourselves.
Absolute Taste has a great opportunity for a strong, passionate and talented Senior Head Chef to manage our kitchen team working in a vibrant operation producing modern, seasonal, home-made food in a fine dining restaurant, cafe and events environment.
Applicants must have previous experience in a Senior Head Chef position in a quality driven establishment. The ideal candidate will be motivated and have a genuine passion for food and quality. You will be able to work in a busy environment and thrive under pressure.
Superior leadership and creative skills are essential. Having an excellent overview of your team is of paramount importance, as well as being able to move the menu and kitchen forward.
The food reflects chic, contemporary predominantly English cuisine, made from only the finest ingredients and produce. Daily / seasonal menu changes occur, allowing for creative contributions.
Key Accountabilities of a Senior Head Chef:
- Manage the day to day operation of the McLaren Technology Centre kitchen which provides meals for the 1500 employee’s that currently work there
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the specific company standards.
- Managing the development and supervision of the Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties.
- Ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen.
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labelling etc.
- Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and Food Hygiene.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programmes are carefully adhered to.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef role within a high volume employee restaurant environment
- Strong financial awareness
- Previous menu planning and menu costing experience
- Fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant.
- Ensure procedures are carefully followed at all times.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Lead by example.
- Builds effective and constructive relationships.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Work collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
In return we offer:
*The opportunity to work alongside the top talent within the industry
*Extensive training and development opportunities
*Career planning and progression
*Discounts in Absolute Taste restaurants
*25 days annual leave
*45% off TAG Heur Watches
*Company Car Scheme
If you would like to be considered for this exciting role and have the opportunity to work in one of our award winning restaurants please send a CV and Covering Letter.