As one of the UK's leading financial services providers, Santander offers a comprehensive range of financial products and a high standard of service to 24 million customers. We are part of one of the world's largest banks - Group Santander, which means we're stronger than ever and looking to the future with confidence.
Here at Santander Cards we are focused on growth. Our view is that if we're helping you grow in your career, you'll be helping us grow our business.
As a Risk Analyst - Loss Management, you will be responsible for developing and evaluating business credit loss forecasts, provision model requirements and management information for the Santander Cards (SCL) portfolio.
Santander Cards is part of Santander UK, one of the UK's leading financial services organisations. Since our UK launch in 2007 we've gone from strength to strength, issuing our award winning Zero and 123 cards. With a global credit card pedigree we are in a strong position to continue our success story.
As a Risk Analyst - Loss Management, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to degree level in a numerate / analytical discipline or equivalent
- Quantitative analytical skills
- Practical problem solving skills
- Basic facilitation & presentation skills (internal & external); negotiation skills
- Proven team working and communication skills
- Self motivating and with an attitude to succeed
- Customer focussed
- Extensive credit strategy analyst experience
- Analysis or Data Management experience
- SAS, SQL and Excel VB skills
As a Risk Analyst - Loss Management, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for the development and ongoing evaluation of robust business forecasts of expected future credit losses and provision requirements
- Responsible for interpretation of loss performance versus budget with presentation and communication of results and expected future outlook to SCL management
- Development and management of loan loss provisioning models to ensure adherence to required corporate and external accounting policy standards - including ownership for design, production and controllership for models and associated management information reporting
- Responsible for providing ad-hoc analytical support to understand loss performance versus budget
- Responsible for design, development, interpretation, presentation and controllership of timely and accurate management information required to effectively risk manage the SCL portfolio
- Responsible for supporting internal / corporate and external audit teams to ensure understanding and transparency of loss forecasting and provisioning methodologies
- Responsible for upkeep of associated policy and procedures to ensure internal and external approval of loss planning and provisioning methodologies
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + excellent benefits