Position based in Cameron Bridge, Fife
Closing date 27th February 2014
- Provide strong leadership and training to a small team of technicians; manage daily work load including sample analysis, data analysis and report compilation. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills and will have direct contact with plant operators and facility management on a daily basis.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring routine maintenance, calibration, quality control functions are carried out on time, also analytical and calibration data review is routinely done and actions raised from this activity.
- The candidate will show strong leadership on aspects of laboratory and plant health and safety.
- Experience of writing and reviewing procedures, leading and participating in risk assessments and knowledge of CoSHH assessment are essential.
- The laboratory is operated on a day-shift basis and the successful candidate will be expected to support this activity by working in a defined shift pattern.
- The candidate must have hands-on analytical laboratory experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- BSC /HND / HNC/ qualified in chemistry working in a process / production environment
- Previous experience gained in a regulated laboratory will be essential
- IT literate - Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of Water and Waste water treatment method and systems.
- Broad range of chemical analysis to include colorimetry and chromatography.
- Some microbiological awareness, aseptic sample handling, occupational health awareness etc.
- Microscopy skills is desirable.
- Mentoring and training a small team, leading change within an analytical cell.
- Method development both for existing testing and new ion chromatography.
- Organising and developing lab based process testing (jar tests, methanogenic potential, etc)
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers for equipment maintenance and stock replenishment
- Boiler water sampling and analysis.
- First aid training
- Awareness of L8 and associated experience.
Veolia Environmental Services is an equal opportunities employer. Job titles and job content are presented without bias either of gender, race or disability and that nothing in either words or illustrations indicate any role stereotyping.