Mortgage Underwriter - Senior Support
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000
This role will be working within the underwriting team carrying out the full mortgage process from submission through to completion. The role will involve packaging advised mortgage sales with our mortgage lending panel. The role will involve system work both on our internal CRM system and the lender's submission systems. The applicant will work with the Mortgage Manager and the rest of the senior underwriters day to day to carry out the daily duties involved within the mortgage department.
- Admin duties including opening post, scanning documents, photocopying and solicitor instructions.
- Putting files in order as per the file checklist ready for submission
- Complete budget planners to make sure the case fits on affordability
- Carry out affordability checks on the mortgage lender websites
- Submit cases to lenders
- Chase customers for outstanding documents
- Communicate with lenders to service mortgage applications, chasing outstanding documents and valuations where applicable
- Make sure the full offer process is followed
- Communicate with solicitors on mortgage offer cases reporting to the processing team leader of expected completion dates.
- Send invoices to customers where applicable
- Chase up customers for outstanding broker fees
- Make sure that completed files meet Pink requirements
- Liaise with mortgage advisors to understand the sales process looking at how we source mortgage deals and how we produce KFI'S on the trigold system.
- Make sure all workflows are up to date
- Make sure all customers are kept up to date at all times.
- Maintain consistent performance on the targets set by the mortgage management
- Pass product knowledge tests on our lending panel to prove competency within the role.
- Work with the other underwriters in the team to make sure cases are serviced properly helping with any problem deals
- Work with the trainee mortgage underwriters looking at submissions , lender and sols work
- Work with the Mortgage Manager building monthly hit lists to make sure the department achieves income targets
- Deliver team meetings in the absence the Mortgage Manager
- Manage workflows within the mortgage underwriting department in the absence of the Mortgage Manager
- Motivate and drive performance
- Deliver one to ones if needed in the absence of the Mortgage Manager
- Deliver file notes and action plans if needed to develop and improve staff performance in the absence of the Mortgage Manager
- Attend operation meetings if necessary in the absence of the Mortgage Manager delivering accurate MI
- To provide mentoring for Silver and Gold banded Underwriters
Experience and Qualifications
- CeMap 1 qualified
- NVQ qualification or equivalent in Team Leading
- Strong leadership skills
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a mortgage underwriting department and currently excelling in the role.
- Competent using CRM and Microsoft office.
- Dynamic and self-motivated.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mortgage market.
- Knowledge of the pink compliance requirements.
- Training experience working with all levels of staff from trainees to experienced underwriters
If you are interested, please send your CV for immediate consideration.