The Company - Our Client:
Our client is a well established chain of Day Nurseries providing a secure environment for children aged 3 months to 5 years. Our client has an exciting opportunity for a 9-12 months period for a Maternity Cover Deputy Manager position to work closely with the Nursery Manager within the nursery in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
The Role - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all members of staff fully understand and demonstrate a clear understanding of nursery procedures a set down in the Staff Handbook.
- Assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring that adequate staffing is maintained at all times by way of staff rosters and that staff are correctly deployed and aware of their responsibilities.
- Assist the Nursery Manager in overseeing all Room Supervisors and ensure relevant planning and record keeping is in place and up to day under the EYFS.
- Liaise as necessary between the Nursery Manager and other members of staff and to ensure that the Nursery Manager is fully aware of any problems that may arise from time-to-time.
- Assist new members of staff to adjust to the nursery routines, to help familiarise them with their duties and to ensure that they function as part of the team.
- Assist with and attend staff meetings as required.
- Through consultation with the Nursery Manager and other members of staff, to ensure that a range of interesting and stimulating activities are provided for all children including those for whom one has direct supervisory responsibility.
- Check toys and nursery equipment in line with current risk assessments and report any deficiencies to the Nursery Manager.
- Liaise with parents and to ensure that any concerns they may have on any aspet of the care provided by the nursery or individual members of staff are referred to the Nursery Manager without delay.
- By word and example to encourage other members of staff to work as part of a team and to promote and foster a group identity.
- Undertake any tasks and duties which the Nursery Manager may reasonably delegate from time to time.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- NVQ level 3 qualified or equivalent nursery qualification
- A wealth of experience working with children from 3 months to 5 years old.
- Hands on experience working in all Rooms
- Calm approach
- A level 4/5 qualification in early years or management or a willingness to train towards
- First Aid
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Basic health and safety
The Package – What You Could Earn:
- Basic salary up to £19,500 depending on experience
- No weekends worked
- Opening hours 7am -6:30pm
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays