Position: Management Accountant 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Location: Purley, South Croydon, Purley Oaks
Salary: £35,000 + benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
This is a new and exciting position, working for a well-established and highly professional company based close to the Croydon area. The company offers fantastic benefits and working hours, as well as, the grand opportunity to progress and grow within their organisation, after the initial 12 months.
Please note that successful candidates will be subject to various checks including; CRB, CCJ, Veriphy, Anti- Money Laundering and Reference Checks.
About the company
One of the UK’s leading providers of specialist Debt Recovery and Credit Management solutions and a Top 10 UK agency by revenue. We have some of the highest profile and best performing relationships in the sector, spanning financial services, telecoms, utilities and central government.
Looking to recruit a Qualified or Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) Accountant to work in a busy finance department located in the Croydon area.
The key requirements of the role include, but are not limited to;
- Preparation of monthly accounts for all companies including cost accruals, prepayments, variance analysis
- To manage the Finance Associates under your area ensuring that credit control and supplier management are kept up-to-date and full documentation is available
- Accurate recording of transactions in the general ledger for month end. General Ledger analysis and subsequent internal business reporting is produced in a timely manner.
- Preparation of monthly income accrual
- Issuing departmental reports to relevant members of the business from data warehouse and organising face-to-face meetings to explain the results
- Variance analysis for Group Head of Finance
- Finance related project work
- Dealing with inter-company invoices and payments and balancing of inter-company accounts
- Overseeing the Supplier Management & Purchasing areas
- Identifying solutions to Finance related process issues
- Merging/submission of daily direct debit reports to bank
- Authorising of payments to clients and inter-account transfers via online banking
- Regular one-to-ones and annual appraisals with team members
- Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with preparation and finalising of P11D & PSA returns
- Assisting the Group Head of Finance with auditors with their year-end fieldwork
- Assisting with the budgeting process
The successful candidate will already hold previous experience within finance and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- SAP Knowledge (essential requirement)
- Attention to detail
- A team player with a proven ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Leads by example
- Shows drive and looks for advancement
- Proactive and able to prioritise own work
- A good communicator who is able to communicate effectively to all levels of staff within and outside of the company
- Uses initiative and likes to think "outside the box"
- Believes in "right first time".
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful.
YourRecruit (UK) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.