A new vacancy for an Ink Production Technician has arisen with a small, innovative technology development company who produce a novel electronic display technology using printable electro-luminescent inks.
The company’s is experiencing an exciting period of evolutionary growth. They are moving through scale-up and to ensure the company’s unique display technology maintains its strong market position they are looking for a Ink Production Technician to support the research & development team in their development the next generation of electronic materials for applications in its Electroluminescent displays.
This is an excellent opportunity that would be suitable for a experienced technician with some relevant experience who would relish the opportunity to really get stuck in and play an important part in their evolution.
Role – Ink Production Technician
Salary - C£20
Benefits – Available
The applications of the company’s technology are exiting and exploit the current consumer electronics market place so to say the future is of the business is promising is an understatement.
This is an important role within the growing Materials Development team and it would be your responsibility as Ink Production Technician to support the key staff (Senior Development Chemist & Head of Materials Development), to develop the next generation of printed electronic materials ( Inks, coatings etc) for application in its novel electroluminescent display.
AS the Ink Production Technician you will be tasked to:
- Preparing polymer based ink formulations
- Testing /undertaking Physical Chemistry QC measurements (Particle size. Viscosity, PH, % solids etc) on the Inks to ensure conformance to product specification.
- Contribute to production process improvement & problem resolutions.
To be considered for the role of Ink Production Technician you need:
- A ONC/HNC/BTEC OR undergraduate degree (Bachelors, BSc, BA, Masters, MChem, MEng , MA, MPhil etc) 2.1 or above in a science (Chemistry or Materials Science) Or Engineering Discipline
- Experience in a laboratory setting working to GLP etc
- Experience of using and mixing chemicals
- Experience laboratory environment using test equipment (Malvern particle size analyser, surface tension measurement, viscometry.
- An excellent eye for detail
- Highly quality driven.
- Experience of polymer Ink mixing for electroluminescent displays.
Electroluminescent, light emitting displays, LED, ELD, E Ink, Electronic Paper, LCD, TFT, LCoS, liquid crystal, PdP, GaAn
Organic Light Omitting Diode OLED, POLED, chemistry, chemist, mixing, preparation, formulate, formulation, Materials Science, Ink, coating, printing, photoresists, technician,