The main purpose of the Kitchen assistant is to support and assist the duty manager & cook in maintaining a high standard of kitchen cleanliness in the care home.
Major Kitchen Tasks:
• Under supervision prepare vegetables and carry out simple preparation of foods
• Re-Heat previously prepared meals in line with cook safe and food hygiene regulations
• Prepare light snacks in line with cook safe and food hygiene regulations
• Assist in transportation of meals between kitchen and dinning area
• Assist care staff to serve meals
• Report any concerns or complaints to cook or manager
• Clean kitchen area daily as part of the cleaning schedule
• Clean other catering related areas and equipment weekly
• Clean by hand or dishwasher all kitchen utensils
• Report any faults to cook or manager
• Prioritise workload when working alone
• To work with the Senior Cook/Cook/Manager to be flexible with regards to job activities
• Undertake training as required for personal health and safety and the health and safety of other eg manual handling, food hygiene and food preparation, infection control and adult support
• To undertake any other duties which the Senior Cook/Manager considers necessary for the running of the kitchen
You will be enthusiastic, motivated and eager to work to high standards.
You will have good listening skills and be able to work using your own initiative as well as on your own or as part of a team.
You must be reliable and have good observation skills.
As this position is a temporary ongoing role on a Thursday only we will also have opportunities available for the same job role at various locations in Edinburgh City Centre.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to employment with Adecco.
Please state on your CV that you have a PVG certificate and the date it was issued.
If this sounds like you and you are interested in this exciting opportunity for either role please apply now by attaching your CV to your application.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.