Eastside Spaces More jobs from Eastside Spaces
Key Worker - Fantastic Developmental Opportunity
Do you have experience of dealing with young people with challenging behaviour? Do you have a genuine interest in understanding the psychological and social difficulties experienced by young people in care? Are you able to demonstrate empathy?
If the answer is yes then you could be one of the special individuals KPMS needs to join our team as a Key Worker. Above all, you will combine outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a passionate commitment to your own professional development - and the resilience to deliver agreed targets in a changing and often challenging environment.
Our vision? To change the way young people in care are looked after, through our unique Case management model based on a Systemic Therapeutic approach. We offer a truly innovative environment to supporting young people (aged 16-21 year old), often with a complex welfare history. We aim to prepare young people to lead successful independent lives, by building their self confidence, providing them with emotional and practical support and by helping them gain essential life skills.
Join us as a Key Worker and you will receive training, supervision, and support to develop professionally and further your career.
You will be required to:
- Engage directly with 'hard to reach’ young people to deliver structured support sessions
- be involved in the design, implementation and monitoring of assessment and support plans, including risk assessments, that will inform therapeutic interventions
- work closely with relevant external agencies including Social Care, CAMHS and Youth Offending Teams.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of Social Work
- 2-3 years experience of working with young people with complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Experience of lone working
- Experience of producing high quality reports
It is essential that you have an enhanced DBS and are IT literate.
KPMS believes that safeguarding children and young people is everyone’s responsibility and must be reflected in every aspect of our work. The welfare of every child or young person in contact with the organisation remains our priority at all times and KPMS expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please take a look at our website for more information on KPMS: www.kpmsuk.com