My client is one of the UK's market leading food companies producing a large range of chilled products, and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Chef based in Nottinghamshire.
The purpose of the role is to develop, innovate and upgrade products alongside the NPD Team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Innovate new products and processes to maintain and grow product areas for my client's customers
- Creative development resulting in new products with a degree of commercial awareness
- Keeping the NPD team and business aware of current and future food trends
- Plans and organizes own workload to deliver concepts to an agreed quality and timescale
- Ability to challenge current products and processes and improve where necessary
- Overall awareness of comparative products from all major retailers
This role will require a development profession with the following attributes:
- experience in the food industry
- Relevant food qualifications with a real passion for food and health
- Self-motivator, enthusiastic showing a can do approach
- Good presentation, influencing and communications skills
- Understanding of business finance with a commercial customer focus
- Strong project management skills
- Computer literate - knowledge of customer systems is ideal
- Retailer experience
- Computer literate, able to support own administration via relevant IT systems
Offering a great salary and opportunity in a leading manufacturer, in return for a candidate with organisation skills, experience in a chilled environment with NPD familiarity.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who are acting as a recruitment agency.