Peter’s Food are a household name who make over 3 million delicious pastries every week, which we deliver everywhere from your local supermarket to Wembley Stadium and beyond. In addition to producing award winning pastries, sausages and saveloys, at Peter’s we have ten distribution centres around the Country supplying fast food outlets, fish bars, restaurants, cafes, sandwich shops, independent retailers, schools, hospitals and hotels with a range of over 900 product lines.
The role of Hygiene Team Leader requires a motivated individual with great communication skills and who is able to manage a team in a busy and pressurised environment.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Manage production support and factory cleaning operations on 2- 10 shift.
- Shift pattern may alter from time to time, and will include some weekend & bank holiday working depending on the needs of the business.
- Allocation of jobs to individuals to meet site requirements.
- Provide support & training to hygiene operatives of best practice and procedures on day to day basis.
- Manage issue of chemicals, consumables and protective clothing.
- Hands on approach to cleaning and factory cleanliness.
- Actively direct operations so as to minimise the risk of damage to factory machinery and product contamination caused by cleaning activity.
- Actively manage performance of hygiene team by auditing standards and reporting non-conformances.
- Ensure correct paperwork is in place, and completed as required to provide accurate records of hygiene activities.
- Proactively manage the health and safety of the team.
- Communicate effectively issues at formal start & end of shift handovers.
- To attend all training courses arranged to increase effectiveness as a key operative. These may be arranged to take place outside of the normal shift pattern. Time off in lieu may be taken by arrangement with the site hygiene manager.
- To act at all times in a manner that extends dignity and respect to all site employees and which contributes to the maintenance of a high standard of moral.
- To contribute to the success of the site budget plan by controlling the use of chemicals, identifying wasteful practices and planning job/timed specific cover for cleaning operations.
Desirable knowledge and specific job skills:
- Experience of managing a small team on routine activities.
- 2 years experience of hygiene, within food manufacturing.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to motivate.
- Proven ability to plan routine activities.
- An effective communicator who provides accurate meaningful information that ensures task success.
Hours of Work:
The core hours for this position will be the 2- 10 shift; however, our Team Leaders are expected to undertake those hours that are necessary for the proper performance of the duties assigned to them. This will necessitate, from time to time, attendance outside the normal business hours of the shift (including some weekend working), due to the continual changes and developments within the business environment.