Working for Apex Health + Social Care
Apex Health + Social Care are a leading independent provider of domiciliary care services. Here at Apex Health + Social Care we value our care workers, and believe in investing in them so that they can provide the highest quality of care. On top of excellent rates of pay we offer a range of additional benefits* including:
- • Weekly pay
- • FREE on-going training
- • Pension Scheme
- • DBS refunded
- • FREE Health and Well Being Plan: supporting you with the cost of your family’s health & well being needs, Cashplan is worth up to £1,000 per year.
- • Expenses Relief Service: increasing your weekly take home pay by a minimum of £10 per week, that’s around £500 per year. Allowable expenses which can be offset against your gross pay include:-
- Mileage (car and motocycle)
- Travel costs (public transport)
- Meal costs
- Uniform costs
- • Recommend a Friend Bonus Scheme: you can earn up to £200 in bonuses every time you recommend a friend to work for Apex Health + Social.
- • Opportunities for career progression / fixed term contracts: offering regular staff members who work regular hours, contracts of employments, helping develop your career and gain more benefits.
- • FREE Employee Assistance Programme: independent and confidential service providing counseling, support and guidance on a whole range of lifestyle, health and medical, and legal problems.
- • Taste Card Scheme: big savings on Taste Cards, bringing 50% off meals at thousands of restaurants across the country and a multitude of savings on hotels, entertainment and family days out.
- • Discount Schemes: Apex Health + Social Care actively seeks partners to provide our staff the best rates and deals to save them money on a range of products and services including utility bills and cheap holidays.
Each applicant is allocated a Key Worker who will be with you from the beginning to guide you through the recruitment process and answer any questions you may have along the way.
Apex Health + Social Care currently requires a number of homecarers in your area, we can provide flexible hours from 7am - 10pm including weekends (it is important to note that our Home Care vacancies are not a 9-5 role).
The role of a Home Care Worker is to provide care, support and companionship to people so that they may continue to live independently in their own homes within the community.
A typical day will see you providing care for a number of service users with visits lasting from 15 minutes to a few hours. During each visit you will be providing all the care as listed in their individual support plan. This may include:
- assistance with personal hygiene, washing, toileting,
- assistance with feeding or meals preparation,
- light household duties or domestic tasks
- promting or administering medication.
Another important part of the role is providing company for service users, you will become someone to talk to and listen to.
Required Skills and Experience
Home Care Workers are expected to travel around a region so a full valid UK driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Previous care experience is not required as we provide full and thorough free training. Above all we are looking for people with the desire to become a Home Care worker and people who are caring, compassionate and patient nature.
You will need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as an integral part of the Home Care role is communicating with service users and the Apex Health + Social care team. You will also need to posses good English reading and writing skills as you will be required to complete some administration such as understanding care plans, completing report books, medication sheets and other documents.
You will be working as part of a friendly team, supported by our full in office homecare team and locally based Community Care Supervisors. However due to the nature of the Home Care Worker role you will need to be able to work alone independently.
Gender specific care. Employer has claimed an exception under Equality Act 2010.