Graduate Opportunity - Video Producer / Editor
Salary: £19,000 to £24,000 depending on experience
Please note the location of this job is near Gatwick, Approx. 30 Minutes Train Journey From Brighton or Hove Station
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an up and coming Video Editor to join a growing Digital Marketing Agency, where you can develop your skills in a busy creative team. This Agency is full of energetic thinkers that work well both individually and as a group so it’s a fantastic opening for someone with real drive and passion wishing to developing their creative and technical flair in a vibrant team atmosphere.
We would like to hear from Graduate calibre applicants with video editing skills that can turn audio samples, recorded video footage and computer graphics into a finished product for television, youtube and other online purposes. You will need to be a confident individual with a good sense for user engagement through video, and will possess excellent shooting and editing skills. You'll be producing high-quality video journalism based videos on your own or as part of a team, working with digital, marketing and creative teams. You will be expected to report to the senior designer who will give guidance on theme and messaging.
Working on a number of high profile travel companies you will need to have the ability to work under pressure, since the job frequently entails editing high-quality videos under tight deadlines. The day-to-day tasks will involve a high level of technical expertise and attention to detail, so you will need to have extensive working knowledge of editing software. Strong communication skills are essential as you’ll often work closely with clients and other production personnel, such as graphic designers, production coordinators and lead editors.
Experience & skills required;
- Edit films, reports, headlines and promos to insert music, dialogue, and effects, arranging films into sequences, and correcting errors
- Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smooth running story board
- Review footage sequence by sequence to become familiar with it before assembling it into a final product
- Trim segments to specified lengths and reassembling them to present stories with maximum effect
- Ensure that edited footage is filed away correctly, with clear labelling on all work
- Check that footage has been converted successfully and played out without problems from the gallery
- Ability to work as a collaborative team player with all departments and agency as a whole
- Being able to work with an SEO team to help optimise online content (YouTube) would be desirable
- 1-2 years editing experience
- Minimum of 1 year at editor level managing projects with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to edit on Final Cut Pro, Final Cut X or Adobe Premiere or similar.
- Ideally degree educated with a high standard of written English
Apply now for this exciting opportunity - interviews happening soon!
Follow us on Twitter@aboutyourecruit or join our facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our About You Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as lots of useful information about the job market, interviews and CVs!
Note: Due to the large volumes of applications that we receive if you have not had a response within 7 days of your application then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
About You Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ - providing office jobs across Sussex and Surrey.