First Notification of Liability Claims Handler
Shift Pattern: 17:15pm - 22:30pm , paying up to £13,000 pro rata.
4 days on, 4 days off - 21 hours per week.
• To efficiently and accurately action all tasks with a 24 hour period from their due date.
• To ensure all tasks on Pro Claim, applicable to the Claims Handler role, are actioned and noted correctly and appropriately so that colleagues can follow the life of the claim accordingly.
• To ensure that all the repairers are complying with the required IMMOBILE SLA’s (24 hours).
• To ensure that all the repairers are complying with the required MOBILE SLA’s (10 days).
• To ensure that the re-allocation of repairers is kept under 5% per calendar month.
• To answer 90% of telephone calls within 10 seconds.
• To ensure that the telephone abandon rate is less than 3%.
• To swiftly and efficiently update a daily log spreadsheet with all booking in dates obtained.
• Calling the repairers at key stages of the claim life-cycle to ensure they are up to date.
• Ensuring the files are fully noted each time a call or action takes place.
• To liaise with other company departments and employees as appropriate so as to minimise the inconvenience to the customer and maximise the efficiency of the claim life-cycle.
• To have an ability to identify and resolve complicated problems efficiently, in the event of any specialist claims.
• To ensure that the repairers are ordering parts and will have them on site before the booking in date so as to prevent any Hire Losses.
• To ensure at the start of every call with the driver that key Data Protection questions are asked.
• To ensure all the key data is in-putted correctly e.g. Pre-Estimate Dates or BID’s etc, even if that requires amending data which another department or RepairFLO has entered.
• Ensuring our clients are updated if a claim is cancelled; a repairer is re-allocated, claim is closed; or any other key details our clients will require.
• To ensure 100+ tasks are actioned on a daily basis.
• To ensure any incurred storage and collection charges are clearly noted and agreed following the defined escalation process prior to giving authorisation to the repairer.
• To ensure a polite and courteous telephone manner is applied at all times regardless of who the conversation is with.
• To manage time effectively and efficiently
Basic Purpose and Function:
To provide a professional and efficient claims handling service to our internal and external customers, whilst ensuring delivery of professional, technical, and operational standards are met throughout the day to day running of the team.
• GCSE English and Maths or equivalent or equivalent
• The ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact and diplomacy when interacting with customers, with the recognition that customers may be distraught and concerned following an incident.
• A positive and self-confident approach when dealing with customers, and where appropriate, representatives of the Company’s clients.
• A willingness to offer suggestions where problems may be identified.
• A positive approach to daily duties and a willingness to offer suggestions where problems may be identified.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Work well within a team and individually
• Ideally previous experience of working in an insurance or office based environment; however, this is not essential as long as the candidate is enthusiastic and has a willingness to learn and succeed.
• The ability to recognise and deal with problematic claims and / or refer them to more senior members of staff for appropriate action.
• A background in customer relations or experience of conflict resolution would be beneficial.
• A willingness to perform minor administrative tasks as requested by more senior members of staff.
• Results Focus
• Client Focus
• Developing Self and Others
• Problem Solving
• Quality Focus
• Commercial Awareness
• Systems of Work
• Handling Systems
• Claims Handling Knowledge
• Data Analysis
• Sales Techniques
• New Business