Our Client is a leading Independent Financial Adviser (IFA), providing a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits. Because they are independent, an unbiased approach is adopted and advice is based solely on clients’ circumstance and lifestyle objectives, which set us apart from other financial planning firms. They are also authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
They are looking to recruit a talented individual to develop the practice further.As the Financial Planning Administrator you will provide financial planning administration for the Private Client Financial Planning Team. You will deal with queries from internal and/or external contacts and fulfil administration tasks to support the requirements of the Team.
As the successful Financial Planning Administrator, you will take responsibility for:
- Assisting the team in providing Financial Planning support to the Private Client Financial Planners/Regions/Partners.
- Liaising with Central Advisory Support Team to ensure all cases are fully compliant.
- Placing instructions for client deals within agreed timescales ensuring timely execution and to track deals and ensure all instruction have been carried out accurately.
- Accurately recording and maintaining client personal, investment and transaction data on Adviser Office and to ensure all corresponding data sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Filing paper and electronic files in accordance with our agreed standards to ensure they can be accessed and/or retrieved in an efficient manner.
- Ensuring prompt and effective communications with internal/external contacts in line with our service level agreements.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with colleagues and key contacts.
- Investigating, resolving and/or escalating service complaints and enquiries within internal and regulatory standards and to understand and apply these standards as specified in procedural manuals.
- Planning, organising and prioritising work activities to ensure targets and service standards are met.
- Developing and maintaining a good understanding of a broad range of financial products and associated legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as a professional point of contact for internal/external contacts by ensuring majority of enquiries are dealt with at point of call. Where unable to do this, ensure that the caller is satisfied that their enquiry is being followed up.
- Assisting with the creation of client valuations.
- Assisting in managing Financial Advisers diaries.
- Processing new business and tracking through to completion, ensuring clients are kept informed on a regular basis.
- Ensuring billing/invoicing is carried out within our agreed service standards.
- Dealing with daily post, emails and other communications.
- Providing support for regular and ad hoc marketing initiatives.
- Any other work of an administrative nature or project work to ensure the smooth running of the business, including providing support for and to other Administrators.
As the successful Financial Planning Administrator, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience of working as an Administrator with in an Independent Financial Adviser office (essential)
- Previous use of Adviser Office (desirable)
- Certificate in Financial Planning (or equivalent or able to commit to obtaining appropriate qualifications)
- IT skills including use of Microsoft Office to intermediate level.
- Good attention to detail.
- Numerate and logical approach.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Professional approach to work and clients.
- Appropriate appearance for a 'Professional’ Office.
- Enthusiastic and demonstrates a positive attitude towards change
- Adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
- Able to work on own initiative and to deadlines but equally able to work as part of a team.
- Seeks opportunities to develop own skill.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems, by providing a range of solutions.
If this position is the right next step for you, please apply now.