FINANCE GRADUATE - Looking to start ASAP
Are you an ambitious Finance Graduate? Here’s a sum that’ll interest you….. Compass Group + YOU = Success!
As the World’s leading food service and support services company, we are always scouting for the top talent in Finance. We need ambitious Finance Graduates like you to join us and help us contribute towards driving our business forward. Our business is vast - each and every day we provide exceptional food to over 18million people, we also clean over 1million square feet of office space and provide security to exciting events nationwide. It’s a pretty big job, which is why we need talented Finance Graduates like you to support our accounting and finance teams. You can see that this adds up to endless opportunities and you can make it happen!
As a Finance Graduate with Compass Group, you will be responsible for providing and supporting a robust, pro-active financial information and control service to our Finance and Operating Teams. You’ll use your innovative flair and finance expertise to actively participate in the development of a "One Compass" UK Finance Function - ensuring we are continually improving service levels, quality of management information and standardising processes. And as you’re a Finance Graduate - you’ll be making sure we do this in the most cost effective manner!
Why Compass Group?
For us, our Finance Graduates are not just a number; you are the future of our business. To develop our Finance Graduates, we offer fully funded study support for CIMA or ACCA exams with generous study leave allowance as well as a clear Finance Graduate training programme that provides you with the tools you need to really succeed.
Finance Graduate responsibilities will include:
- Provide Sector Operating and Finance Teams with timely and accurate information in a standardised format, including variance analysis and Identification of poor performing units
- Produce timely and accurate balance sheet analysis, review files and investigate balances in line with agreed procedures
- Prepare and analyse documentation for client tenders, negotiations and capital expenditure appraisals
- Assist with the production and analysis for weekly reporting of results
- Ensure accounting entries comply with Compass Group PLC Accounting Manual
- Complete accounting routines in line with the accounting timetable
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process across the Compass business
- Assist with the production of client billing and supporting client documentation
Prospects for this role are exciting and varied. We expect our Finance Graduates to be a fully qualified accountant within 3 years and looking to progress within our business. Roles available include the Commercial Business Finance Manager role with direct finance responsibility for an area of our business, working with senior Operators, Sales, HR and Marketing Managers to drive our business forward. The next move after that could be a Sector Finance Director role…..the opportunities really are endless…
To be considered for this role you will need
- Graduate with at least a 2:1 degree
- Maths GCSE to at least grade B
- Must have full UK Driving Licence and access to car
- Must be willing to relocate to Birmingham
- Strong desire to study for accountancy qualification and understanding of what this qualification can offer as a career
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- High numeric and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Ability to effectively plan and organise own work
Compass Group is truly a great place to work, grow, learn and make an impact. Come and see for yourself!
Due to volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted