Unsworth is a successful Logistics Company headquartered in London E11 near Central Line tube station with main services to and from China, Far East, South East Asia, Indian Sub- continent, Middle East, Australasia, USA and the Americas. We are a successful market leader continuously striving to improve performance and market share. Our customers include manufacturers, importers, exporters as well as other forwarding companies utilizing our specialist consolidation services.
This responsible and varied role offers exiting opportunities to progress by successfully and accurately handle all aspect of shipping for our exiting and new customers, which includes:
- Coordinating export shipment via sea freight, air freight and road freight from star to finish
- Processing bookings and accurately completing all export sea and air documentation.
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and overseas agent
- Negotiating with hauliers, shipping lines and exporter in order to optimise profit margin whilst still adding value for the clients
- Dealing with worldwide export multimodal enquiries and quotations from shippers, forwarders and overseas partners
- Building rapport with customers and exploiting opportunities to additional business with these customers.
Experience and qualities required
- Previous export deep sea experience in a similar role within a Forwarding company or similar environment is essential
- Self motivated with desire to achieve goals and demonstrate true potential in a commercial environment where it will be recognised and appreciated.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide excellent customer service
- Competent with computerised software including MS office.
Training & Development:
For candidates of the right calibre with minor knowledge gaps but a committed attitude, some structured training will be available to help efficiently bring them up to speed, assist with familiarisation of systems, current procedures and cover specific knowledge gaps to improve productivity.
A competitive remuneration package will be paid according to ability, qualifications and experience. You will be working in a pleasant, friendly office conveniently located for public transport.
If you are looking for a responsible job, providing rewarding career opportunities for progression please send us your CV and covering letter.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.