Police Skills is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Police Skills are currently recruiting for an enhanced disclosure and barring service officer for a four month role based in Central London.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of Disclosure, if you do not have the required skill set, then please do not apply.
Pay rate: £14.40 Ltd per hour
- You will be responsible for the review of information held by the agency in relation to applications for Enhanced Criminal Records Certificates (ECRC) for persons applying to work with children and vulnerable adults.
- To draft disclosures of the intelligence information to be included on Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure certificates (in line with the legislative requirement under Part V of the Police Act 1997 and subsequent case law).
- Draft letters as directed in response to requests for information in relation to disclosures from Solicitors, individual applicants, Members of Parliament and other interested parties
- Possess detailed knowledge of the CRB’s Quality Assurance Framework for Enhanced Criminal Record Certificates (ECRC), Police Act 1997 Part V, subsequent case law, Human Rights Act, and Home Office and other guidelines relevant to disclosure applications
- Have the ability to analyse and interpret intelligence and crime reports with an eye for detail, combined with a working knowledge of CRIS, CRIMINT, RMS, PNC and VISOR and the use of their search facilities to extract information.
- Have computer literacy skills in the use of Word and Excel.
- Be expected to maintain up to date knowledge of legislation and police procedures.
- This is required to be at a well developed level, including a detailed understanding of criminal justice, intelligence and other processes.
- This is essential to be able to interpret both the available information as well as draw logical and sustainable conclusions relating to the reliability and veracity of information or criminal intent, including where incomplete information is available
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Police Skills is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.