A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Mortgage Underwriter to join a leading Broker in the Barnet area.
It will be your responsibility to underwrite commercial mortgage applications in line with the policy criteria set by various Lenders and to manage the application through to completion. It is integral that you have a minimum of 12 month’s Underwriting experience, preferably from a Commercial Mortgage background. It would also be preferable for you to have held a mandate.
You will be working as part of a dynamic and friendly team, within a company that maintains a reputation for excellent customer service, having won multiple awards in the financial sector.
- You will have an ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting commercial mortgage applications
- To liaise with Lenders, Clients, Surveyors and Solicitors
- To understand and analyse key items such as credit searches, bank statements, financial accounts, property valuations and business appraisals in order to make informed lending decisions.
- To deliver high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in data input and all written communication produced.
- Able to develop a rationale for those cases outside of own lending mandate or company lending policy and communicate findings to Credit Risk department for their consideration
- To effectively manage a large pipeline of cases through to completion, ensuring both company service standards and the lending policy is complied with throughout.
- To deal with all internal and external telephone & email enquiries efficiently and within company standards
- Ensure a good understanding of all of the company’s policies, procedures and compliance guidelines, installing the principles in your daily practice to protect the company from any associated risks.
- To embrace the principles of treating customers fairly and responsible lending in all decision making.
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Knowledge of TCF
- Good knowledge of compliance procedures with the mortgage industry.
- Advanced at the reading of financial accounts, valuations, business appraisals and credit searches.
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to underwriting
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional , well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach
- Proactive & Self Driven
This is a fantastic opportunity and the company is looking to appoint as soon as possible, although they can wait for a full notice period to be carried out, as necessary.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact Jackie Sewell