As part of Willis Re’s continued growth and restructuring programme, we are seeking to recruit one person to join the Global Marine & Energy team within Reinsurance in an Claims Handler Role.
This position will be based in Ipswich dealing with Associates from our London and Mumbai offices and our worldwide client base on a daily basis. Travel to London will be required at times.
The business unit handles proportional and non-proportional marine and energy reinsurance contracts. We need to ensure that we continue to have the correct level of resource and experience to ensure that new and existing accounts are serviced to the highest of standards in order to maintain and continue to grow.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure that claims are processed within Willis Re’s agreed standard practices and procedures.
- Receive and action claims instructions in a timely manner and communicate pertinent information as necessary to obtain prompt agreement using the Eclipse servicing platform (full training provided)
- Obtain claims agreement as per contract conditions or within appropriate timescales and ensure the secure, efficient and auditable handling of client monies.
- Responsibility for creating and maintaining claims files on live business electronically on the Eclipse system
- Ensure that all e-broking for allocated accounts is actioned, chased, recorded and escalated as appropriate and in a timely manner in conjunction with Claims Brokers
- Advise, update and where necessary negotiate open market claims
- Communicate the assigned portfolio of claims to carriers, third parties and service providers, in conjunction with the Client Service Manager as appropriate.
- Supporting the Accounting and Settlement team to ensure that all financial aspects (including but not limited to uncorrelated cash and bureaux / underwriter debt) are handled in a timely manner
- Supporting the Placing Team by producing accurate and updated renewal information when requested
- Build, develop and maintain Willis, Client, Third Party and Reinsurer relationships with assigned portfolio of Reassureds, with Client Service Manager and for London Market carriers, in conjunction with Claims Brokers
- Educated to 'A' level standard or equivalent
- Methodical and accurate approach to work with excellent organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent keyboard skills together with knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An enthusiastic and confident team player
- Ability to work flexible hours to cope with additional workloads during busy periods
- Ability to travel to London when required
- Can do attitude
This role would suit someone looking for a great opportunity to grow within the role and team, full training will be provided.
Willis is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: WSH). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willis.com.
Willis is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from suitably qualified people regardless of sex, age, race or disability.
Do more. Be more. Realise Your Potential.
Willis Group Holdings Limited is a leading global insurance broker, developing and delivering professional insurance, reinsurance, risk management, financial and human resource consulting and actuarial services to corporations, public entities and institutions around the world. Willis has more than 400 offices in nearly 120 countries, with a global team of approximately 17,000 Associates serving clients in virtually every part of the world.