Can you be the eyes and ears on the ground for the IT function covering a number of manufacturing units across the UK?
This large, profitable and growing international business is a significant supplier to the demanding retail sector. They have comprehensive IT support but there are always opportunities to improve delivery, develop new systems and provide retailers and internal customers with more effective methods to fulfil needs.
This new role is expected to make a significant contribution to the business by ensuring that the IT systems are fit for purpose going forward. This is not a Head Office role but a change management role at the coal face. You will work with senior managers to provide solutions or refine systems procedures, streamlining business processes and suggesting practical ways to improve performance. The retailer is central to the business and having an understanding of their requirement is important.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Provide a key link between the business and factory system change projects, ensuring best practise at all stages and facilitating a better understanding of the department within the business.
- Using a proactive approach, review and challenge internal processes, in line with group IS strategy and continually seek ways to improve processes that will deliver value.
- Provide an analytical and leadership resource to deliver the factory systems strategy and design.
- Become the 'champion' in the factory systems arena enabling the division to gain maximum benefit from IS and IT systems.
- Working with business representatives and group IT to understand and deliver business IT requirements and ensure that these are translated into operational processes.
- Working as part of the group IT/IS team to integrate and align current and future factory
system projects with the agreed strategy.
- Working with various virtual implementation teams to ensure successful delivery and roll out at multiple UK sites. This will include production of training materials, standard operating procedures and data migration documents.
- Determine the business reporting needs and ensure reporting solutions are delivered.
- Provide input into IS strategy and tactics.
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience of process design and managing data collection systems in a Food, Drinks or other FMCG environment.
- A high level of analytical skill is required, which must be demonstrable through experience of factory systems analysis and introducing change into business processes.
- A proven understanding of interface design between enterprise and ERP solutions.
- High level of experience in Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft server.
- Previous experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
This is a high profile role where good communications and strong relationship skills are critical. Location is flexible.