Our client is a large and growing supplier of innovative food products into the supermarkets. Working on one of their largest accounts, this is an exciting, influential and high-profile opportunity for a talented and dynamic sales professional / Account Manager.
Based: from home, ideally somewhere along the M4 corridor in reach of the client and our clients head office, this can be flexible.
An exciting opportunity to manage our clients business with M&S. Currently a multimillion pound account and growing very rapidly with plans to double within the next year. This is a varied and demanding role that requires a strong salesperson, clear negotiator and accomplished communicator who is able to drive the business with M&S through targeted strategies and effective management of their M&S team. The role would suit an enthusiastic and driven individual who already works at national account level but would welcome the challenge of a diverse account working with the demanding but also highly rewarding M&S. Our client would also consider exceptional junior account managers that can demonstrate the core skills and drive required and are looking for the next step up. Experience within the fresh produce, fish poultry or meat industries would be preferred, but is not necessary.
Reporting into the M&S Account Director, and working with an M&S dedicated NPD team and supply team, you would manage the following areas:
- Work closely with M&S supply team to forecast demand and report internally. Build a strong relationship with M&S supply team to influence decisions and manage our clients stock positions.
- Cost new and promoted products to maintain and improve sales and profit positions.
- Work with account director to develop ongoing sales and relationship strategies, and deliver against those strategies in order to grow the business.
- Develop promotional strategy with M&S to drive M&S market share and profit position, and manage the internal carcase balance position.
- Manage the M&S team internally and ensure effective and timely communication across the different internal teams - NPD, supply, agriculture, production, planning etc.
- Build a strong relationship of trust and respect with M&S at all levels, and across a broad range of disciplines to drive both businesses and influence decisions.
- Work with NPD and marketing teams to identify products gaps, develop marketing rationale to justify requirement, and manage NPD development and butchery requirements.
- Work with marketing team to construct and present regular market updates and developed strategies to drive M&S business versus the market.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate strong communication and negotiation, a strategic approach, tenacity and the ability to build strong customer relationships.
This is a superb opportunity for someone seeking to develop the commercial account management experience. If you’re ambitious, have the required skills and experience and may be interested in a new challenge, we would like to hear from you - please apply now on-line or contact Simon Collinson for a confidential chat and more information.