A leading organisation based in Sandhurst is looking to recruit an Account Manager for a home based role.
The Account Manager plays a vital role in the achievement of high levels of customer satisfaction as well as corporate revenue targets and the overall company objectives. The focus of this role will be very much on delivering excellent service and driving revenue and profit through proactively partnering with clients to match products to their ongoing needs thereby driving revenue for the business.
This role will work closely with the Sales Director, Sales Managers and other Directors to develop and implement strong and effective sales and account management strategies to ensure that clients maximise their investment with us and are able to measure the impact of the training through their organisational metrics.
The Account Manager will need to be flexible to taking on additional responsibility for new business and major client projects as and when required. The objective is to achieve the company revenue target maintaining overall profit margin to the business and so needs to have a keen commercial awareness and should be used to working in a targeted environment.
This role will require the production of written documents for the clients (for example: proposals, meeting notes/action, sustainability and measurement recommendations, presentation slides) and as such will require someone with the ability to analyse data and the ability to be able to create and produce professional and accurate documents.
To manage, develop and own profitable and professional relationships with a designated portfolio of existing accounts and new accounts handed over from the Sales Managers to maximise customer benefit and generate and secure revenue opportunities for our products and services ensuring excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Reports into the Sales Director. Individual revenue target will be set in line with company targets. This role is home based and will work closely with the Sales Director, Sales Managers, Operations and delivery Consultants. Client meetings will be required throughout the UK dependent upon client’s location. Out of hours work when commercially required.
- Proactively works with all clients within portfolio of designated accounts to maximise opportunities for use of my client's products and services to deliver defined benefit to the client and revenue to my client.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with the key and senior stakeholders within the designated accounts to ensure the business Method is being maximised within the organisation and to discuss on-going sustainability activities in strategic review meetings.
- Creates account plans for each owned client identifying revenue opportunities for additional products and services. Fully understands the training requirements of every account successfully converting needs into secured revenue.
- Provides an on-going account management service of excellence to all designated accounts with the main contacts.
- Prepares client financial proposals and quotations to secure business from existing accounts.
- Prepares other documentation for clients to sell the benefits of my client's products as required.
- Establishes and monitors pre training measures and objectives and works in consultation with the Client to ensure return on investment and to assess achievements against stated outcomes.
- Produces information for the production of Client Briefs pre implementation for the delivering Consultants and for use internally to ensure Client objectives are appropriately and accurately translated and understood.
- Represents my client at exhibitions/events as and when required and is jointly accountable with Marketing for the payback received for any sales/marketing promotional activity with customers.
- Maintains and updates revenue reports on all accounts accurately forecasting revenue potential for budget purposes.
- Produces weekly Client Highlight reports providing an update of current activity and revenue potential.
- Provides structured, validated market intelligence to assist with informed business decisions on product and corporate strategy.
- Owns and is accountable for the management of account management data for all designated accounts ensuring that internal systems are updated on an ongoing basis.
- Works with Marketing to obtain client testimonials and case studies from the designated accounts as and when required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Graduate (or compensating business experience) with account management/project management/sales experience with excellent numeric, planning and prioritisation capabilities.
- Previous experience within the training industry. Training consultancy and familiarisation with HR policies an advantage.
- Able to confidently deal at a senior level within client organisations.
- Professionally committed to delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Excellent use of the English Language with the ability to write and produce sales documentation and account management reports for the designated clients.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- High-level of business acumen.
- A professional person who is confident to represent my client at major customer events, trade shows and exhibitions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate internal and external customers at a variety of levels with a clear ability to assertively manage customer expectations diplomatically and with tact.
- Must possess reserves of enthusiasm and "bounce back" in dealing with difficult, complex business issues.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Word and Excel with an aptitude to learn new systems.
Salary up to £28k + commssion + laptop, mileage, mobile phone etc