- Price £550
- Course type Classroom course
- Duration 1 Day, Full-time
- Awarded by CIM
This fast-paced course aims to teach the use of problem solving techniques to reach creative and practical solutions. It demonstrates a set of practical and creative thinking tools that are easy to understand and can be applied immediately. There will be time dedicated to practicing using these techniques through practical exercises in a highly interactive session.
Benefits to you and your company
A fascinating course that you will be able to draw on for the rest of your career. You will benefit from developing skills for improved creative thinking, problem solving and decision making. You will gain an understanding of how to develop and action more ideas, both individually and in teams.
Organisations will benefit from developing a capability in creativity. This important and widely used business tool can be used for understanding and resolving issues, from the identification of new strategic opportunities, development of competitively different products and services and for continuous improvement.
• The strategic importance of spotting new opportunities through creative thinking, as well as seeing challenges from a new perspective.
• Problem analysis – identify the real root cause of a problem, avoid analysis paralysis.
• Generate, develop and select ideas – creative exploration , thinking without restraint.
• Making decisions and taking action – appropriate solutions, prioritisation, reaching consensus and commitment.
• Improve 'team thinking'.
Theory, case studies and exercises will be applied to explore an opportunity or issued belonging to the delegate's organisation.
Who is it for?
Managers who are in a role where there are problems to be solved, opportunities to be exploited, challenges to be addressed and solutions that aren't obvious. Anyone who wants to generate new ideas quickly or who wants to develop their creativity, innovativeness and entrepreneurialism.
• Creativity and thinking within the marketing and business environment.
• The nature and science of thinking and creativity.
• The creative process, techniques and the principles behind their effectiveness.
• Logical left brain thinking techniques.
• Creative right brain thinking techniques.
• Team creativity.
• Becoming a more creative individual.
• Overview of strengths and weaknesses of social marketing.