Enquire now for pricing information
Financial optionsPayment plans available (Conditions apply) Please talk to a Learning Consultant for further information.
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 240 Hours, PartTime, FullTime
- Qualification ICB Level 1 Certificate in Basic Bookkeeping - ICB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Bookkeeping Sage Certificate of Competency - ICB Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management
- Awarded by ICB
Exam is included.
Tutor is available to students.
Who is it for?
The Sage Payroll Management & Sage Computerised Bookkeeping is designed to fast-track your accounting studies by combining two courses in one affordable package.
Every company with employees needs to run a payroll and understand PAYE and National Insurance. In the UK, Sage Payroll is the preferred software used by businesses for this purpose. An understanding of these processes is vital to anyone looking to embark on a career in payroll management, finance or HR. This Sage Payroll Management certification will provide you with the ideal start.
If you’re looking to gain competency in the world’s most popular bookkeeping software, the ICB Sage Level 2 Computerised Bookkeeping course will teach everything you need to know, while helping you gain a recognised qualification.
Combined, these courses are designed for the aspiring bookkeeper or finance professional who is looking to rapidly progress their skills with the world’s leading bookkeeping and payroll software.
Please note: Sage InstantAccounts v2012, the software that this course runs on, is not compatible with the Windows 8 operating system.
What jobs will I qualify for?
Upon completing Sage Computerised Bookkeeping
- Accounts Administrator
In these roles, you could earn up to £20,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK Only).
Upon completing Sage Payroll Management
- HR Assistant
- Payroll Administrator
In these roles, you could earn up to £25,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK Only).
When can I start?
You can enrol on this course now - start today.
Are there any requirements?
You should have a keen interest in bookkeeping and an eye for detail. A GCSE equivalent qualification in Mathematics is desirable, but not essential.
What skills will I gain?
This ICB Sage Level 3 Payroll Management course – accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers - will teach you to electronically process employees' wages and personal records, holiday pay, tax records and yearend figures.
This will not only familiarise you with a crucial piece of payroll software but will also help you develop a full understanding of British payroll methods and intricacies.
The ICB Sage Computerised Bookkeeping component is more than a ‘point and click’ exercise; it explores the essential bookkeeping knowledge behind the software. By the end of the course you’ll understand how the different functions relate to proper bookkeeping and be a certified user of Sage, with the skills required to work as part of an organisation's finance team.
ICB Sage Payroll Management
The course material will prepare you for the ICB Sage Payroll Management exam and covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Payroll
- Introduction to PAYE
- Taxable Pay Tables
- National Insurance Contributions
- Producing Payslips
- Tax Codes
- Advanced PAYE Coding
- Directors National Insurance Contribution
- Holiday Pay
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Statutory Maternity Pay
- Other Deductions
- Pension Contributions
- Payroll Legislation
- Year End Procedures
- Benefits in Kind
- HMRC Calculator
- HMRC Database
- Setting up Sage Instant Payroll
- Dealing with starters and leavers
- Directors’ Remuneration
- Holiday and Sick Pay
- Maternity Pay
- Other Deductions
- Year End Procedures
ICB Sage Computerised Accounts
The course material will prepare you for the following three exams:
- ICB Level 1 Certificate in Basic Bookkeeping – sat at home
- ICB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Bookkeeping – sat at home
- Sage Certificate of Competency
This training will cover all of the following:
Introduction to Bookkeeping (One Module)
- Introduction to the double entry system
- Business forms, documents and filing
- Pricing and discounts
- Banking system, business law and data protection
- Money laundering
- Introduction to day books
- Credit transactions
- Trial balance
- VAT registration
Computerised Bookkeeping (Three Modules)
- Installation of Sage Instant Accounts Software
- Starting to use Sage software
- Client information in Sage
- Supplier information in Sage
- The Nominal Ledger
- Banking functions in Sage
- Processing - purchases, sales and payments
- Supplier invoices and credit notes
- Batch customer invoices and credit notes
- Correction of errors
- Types of errors
- Back up procedures
- Restoring data files
- Using bookkeeping reports
- Main reports, audit trails and activity reports
- Opening balances and shortcuts
- Creating and printing documents
- Invoices, credit notes, remittance advice notes and customer statements
- Cash transactions
- Petty cash system
- Imprest transfers
- The Journal
- Bank reconciliation
- VAT returns
- Year-end adjustments and procedures
- Health and safety
What support is available?
- You will have unlimited access to Home Learning College's expert Tutors for two years after enrolling on this course
- You will be able to sit mock exams to assess your progress
- You will receive assistance with both the booking and funding of your exams
- You will be using Sage InstantAccounts v2012.
- Your first year's membership to the ICB is included in the price of this course
How will I be assessed?
In order to complete these certifications you will be required to complete four exams. These may be sat at home, but will require booking and purchasing separately.
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a specialist Accounting Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2841 or enquire online today to request a call back.