Enquire now for pricing information
Financial optionsPayment plans available (Conditions apply) Please talk to a Learning Consultant for further information.
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 120 Hours, Part-time
- Qualification ICB Level 1 Certificate in Basic Bookkeeping ICB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Bookkeeping Sage Certificate of Competency
- Awarded by ICB
Exam is included.
Tutor is available to students.
Who is it for?
Bookkeepers play a vital role within organisations; ensuring records of individual financial transactions are accurate, orderly, up to date and comprehensive.
If you are organised and methodical, like working through documents and enjoy seeing a set of figures add up properly, then bookkeeping is the career for you.
If you’re looking to gain competency in the world’s most popular bookkeeping software, the ICB Sage Level 2 Computerised Bookkeeping course will teach everything you need to know, while helping you gain a recognised qualification. This introductory course – accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) – introduces the essential bookkeeping principles and teaches you to apply these methods in a computerised system. Bookkeeping could also be the ideal introduction to a career in finance, particularly in smaller businesses where you may be expected to take on more Accountancy related processes.
Please note: Sage InstantAccounts v2012, the software that this course runs on, is not compatible with the Windows 8 operating system.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Accounts Administrator
In these roles, you could earn up to £22,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK Only).
When can I start?
You can enrol on this course now - start today.
Are there any requirements?
You should have a keen interest in bookkeeping and an eye for detail. A GCSE equivalent qualification in Mathematics is desirable, but not essential.
What skills will I gain?
This course is more than a ‘point and click’ exercise; it explores the essential bookkeeping knowledge behind the software. By the end of the course you’ll understand how the different functions relate to proper bookkeeping and be a certified user of Sage, with the skills required to work as part of an organisation's finance team.
The course material will prepare you for the following three exams:
- ICB Level 1 Certificate in Basic Bookkeeping – sat at home
- ICB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Bookkeeping – sat at home
- Sage Certificate of Competency
This training will cover all of the following:
Introduction to Bookkeeping (One Module)
- Introduction to the double entry system
- Business forms, documents and filing
- Pricing and discounts
- Banking system, business law and data protection
- Money laundering
- Introduction to day books
- Credit transactions
- Trial balance
- VAT registration
Computerised Bookkeeping (Three Modules)
- Installation of Sage Instant Accounts Software
- Starting to use Sage software
- Client information in Sage
- Supplier information in Sage
- The Nominal Ledger
- Banking functions in Sage
- Processing - purchases, sales and payments
- Supplier invoices and credit notes
- Batch customer invoices and credit notes
- Correction of errors
- Types of errors
- Back up procedures
- Restoring data files
- Using bookkeeping reports
- Main reports, audit trails and activity reports
- Opening balances and shortcuts
- Creating and printing documents
- Invoices, credit notes, remittance advice notes and customer statements
- Cash transactions
- Petty cash system
- Imprest transfers
- The Journal
- Bank reconciliation
- VAT returns
- Year-end adjustments and procedures
- Health and safety
What support is available?
- You will have unlimited access to Home Learning College's expert Tutors for two years after enrolling on this course
- You will be able to sit mock exams to assess your progress
- You will receive assistance with both the booking and funding of your exams
- You will be using Sage InstantAccounts v2012.
- Your first year's membership to the ICB is included in the price of this course
How will I be assessed?
There are three exams that you'll need to complete in order to pass this certification. These may be sat at home.
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a Specialist Accounting Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2841 or enquire online today to request a call back.