Established at the turn of the new millennium, Hibernia College follows an ambitious and forward–thinking strategy in order to play a leading role in education for the future. Hibernia College, Ireland's only HETAC–accredited online college, is a specialist in post-graduate programmes for professionals across the globe:
- Providing professional international students access to outstanding faculty from around the world
- Enabling this faculty to teach in the best possible way by harnessing modern technology
- delivering best practice, real–time learning throughout its curricula
Hibernia College's mission is to:
Make a significant contribution to the development and access to innovative education. We believe that our programmes should be measured not only upon their academic rigour but in their effectiveness in helping our students meet the challenges that they face every day in their professional lives.
After 10 years, we can be proud of our outstanding faculty, with a dedicated team of more than 350 full–/part–time faculty. Outstanding in their fields and across industry, they include faculty members from Harvard, the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, MIT, University of Basel and other distinguished institutions.
To keep abreast of current trends and practices and provide ground–breaking content for our global student body, Hibernia College collaborates with Pfizer, Novartis, The Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) (UK ), the International Federation of Associations of Pharmaceutical Physicians (IFAPP), the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) and PharmaTrain (Pharmaceutical Medicines Training Programme). Awards and recognition during this 10 years:
- Awarded accreditation by HETAC
- 'Best e–Learning Company' title at the Digital Media awards 2007
- Hibernia College founder Dr Seán Rowland, named 'Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year 2008' and named one of the '100 greatest self–made Irish entrepreneurs' (Irish Entrepreneur magazine 2009)
- UK's e–Learning awards: Silver 2008, Silver and Bronze 2009, shortlisted for 2010
- Endorsed by Becta as an exemplar of 'next education learning', winning in 2009
- Selected to partner with five UK universities to solve the shortages of Science and Mathematics teachers in England in 2010
Hibernia College has developed a model of online education that is successful because it is dedicated to helping professionals meet their current work challenges and by continually building on the interactions of students and faculty.
The goals for Hibernia College over the next 10 years are to:
- Become more widely known outside our immediate areas of expertise
- Continually expand our reach
- Inspire by involvement
We will achieve this by educating professionals around the world who want access to the very best online education in the world.