Enquire now for pricing information
Financial optionsPayment plans available (Conditions apply). Please contact a Learning Consultant for more information.
- Course type Classroom course
- Duration Part-time
- Qualification PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner
- Awarded by PRINCE2®
Exam is included.
Tutor is available to students.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members, Team Managers, Project Assurance, Project Support and operational line managers/staff.
This course is ideal for entry-level candidates who are looking to progress quickly.
What jobs will I qualify for?
Upon finishing the PRINCE2® Foundation course:
- Project Administrator
- PMO Cordinator
In these roles you could earn up to £32,000 per annum.
Upon completing the PRINCE2® Practitioner Course:
- Project Manager
As a Project Manager, you could earn up to £50,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK Only)
When I can I start?
Dates can be chosen to suit your schedule.
Are there any requirements?
There are no formal requirements for taking this course or obtaining these certifications.
What skills will I gain?
The PRINCE2® Foundation qualification is the first of two PRINCE2® qualifications required to become a PRINCE2® Practitioner. The PRINCE2® Foundation qualification will teach you the fundamentals of PRINCE2® principles and terminology. Once qualified you will be recognised as a valuable member of a project team applying the PRINCE2® methodology.
The practitioner level qualification provides all the tools you need to become a PRINCE2® expert. It will incorporate the management of project risk, maintenance of effective communication channels and control of spend within budget.
The training received in the PRINCE2® Foundation course will prepare you for the following exam modules:
- Overview of project management (PRINCE2®: 2009-aligned)
- Project organization, planning and risk (PRINCE2®: 2009-aligned)
- Project quality, change and progress (PRINCE2®: 2009-aligned)
- Starting up, initiating and directing a project (PRINCE2®: 2009-aligned)
- Controlling, managing and closing a project (PRINCE2®: 2009-aligned)
- Tailoring prince2 to a project environment (PRINCE2®: 2009-aligned)
The training received in the PRINCE2® Practitioner course will prepare you for the following Prince2® Practitioner exam, covering the following areas:
- Relationship between the business case, programmes and the project
- PRINCE2® Principles - continued business justification, learn from experience, defined roles and responsibilities, manage by stages, manage by exception, focus on products and tailor to suit the needs of the project environment
- PRINCE2® Processes - starting up a project, initiating a project, directing a project, controlling a stage, managing product delivery, managing stage boundaries, closing a project and planning
- PRINCE2® themes - business case, organisation, progress, quality, risk and plans
How will I be assessed?
This course will prepare you for the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams.
Start Today. Call your PRINCE2® Specialist Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2843.
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of the Cabinet Office.
All PRINCE2® courses are offered by SkillSoft.