Enquire now for pricing information
Financial optionsPayment plans available (Conditions apply). Please contact a Learning Consultant for more information.
- Course type Online course
- Duration 120 Hours, Part-time
- Qualification Focus Awards Teaching Assistant Level 3
- Awarded by Focus Awards
Tutor is available to students.
Who is it for?
If you've always wanted to be involved in the classroom, helping children to understand how to communicate and interpret the world, here's your chance to set out on a highly-rewarding and fulfilling new career.
With a stronger current focus on higher adult to child ratios in the classroom, there is greater investment into schools across the country to help them take on more Teaching Assistants. This represents a great opportunity for those who are qualified to the right level.
How have other people found this course?
“The course is well written and presented, interesting and relevant. I thoroughly enjoyed studying the material and my tutor was brilliant throughout!”
- Annabel Walker
When can I start?
You can enrol at any time - start today.
Are there any requirements?
A reasonable level of literacy is required as this is a Level 3 course, but there are no entry restrictions. You just need a keen interest in the subject, and will ideally have studied the subject or ancillary disciplines at a lower level if you want to progress quickly.
What skills will I gain?
You will learn to support teachers with the delivery of a school curriculum, while helping children and young people to develop self-esteem, independence and abilities for learning. You will also gain professional and technical skills, plus an understanding of the importance of positive relationships within a school.
This Focus Awards Teaching Assistant Level 3 course is divided into seven units. You will need to complete these course sections to achieve your certification:
- Unit 1: Child Development
- Unit 2: Safeguarding Children
- Unit 3: Supporting children and young people's health and safety
- Unit 4: Personal Development
- Unit 5: Supporting Learning Activities
- Unit 6: Developing and Maintaining Positive Working Relationships
- Unit 7: Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Unit 8: Schools as Organisations
What support is available?
- Full Tutor support by experienced practitioners throughout the duration of your course
- Peer support through forums and blogs on the Student Portal
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed via submitted coursework - there is no final exam.
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a Childcare specialist Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2842 or enquire online today to request a call back.
- 1. CACHE Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Enquire now for pricing information
- 2. CACHE Certificate For the Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 Enquire now for pricing information
- 3. Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Certificate (QCF Level 3) Course £469.99