Offer ends 30/11/2014 Save 20%
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 85 Hours, Part-time
Tutor is available to students.
The NCFE Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools course builds on the knowledge gained in the Level 2 course and gives you more advanced knowledge and skills.
You'll develop your understanding of children's and young persons' development and of factors which can affect that development, and you'll go deeper into the knowledge required for safeguarding young people's welfare.
You will also develop your communication skills, learning to build professional relationships with children and young people as well as adults, and you'll study the nature of schools as organisations, preparing you for working in that context.
Please note that the qualification "NCFE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools" (501/0368/4) is not recognised in Scotland and is accredited only for England, Wales & Northern Ireland. Local authorities in Scotland are looking for workers holding either an SVQ level 3 in Early Years Care and Education or an HNC in Childcare and Education
Who is it for?
On completion, you'll receive the industry-recognised NCFE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF)
This Teaching Assistant course can open classroom doors in schools all over the UK. Once trained, you'll be highly sought after as schools look for effective methods of supporting teaching and learning staff. If you are already working in a school as a teaching assistant, the course can reinforce and add to your skills, and give you the formal qualification you need to advance in your role.
Understand Child and Young Person Development
- This unit aims to provide the knowledge and understanding of how children and young people from birth to 19 years develop, including underpinning theoretical perspectives. It also includes actions taken when differences in development are identified and the potential effects of transitions on children and young people's development.
Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- This unit provides the knowledge and understanding required to support the safeguarding of children and young people. The unit also contains material on e-safety.
Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- This unit provides the knowledge and understanding which underpins effective communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
Schools as Organisations
- This unit aims to prepare you for working in a school. It covers knowledge and understanding of the structure of education, how schools are organised, school ethos, mission, aims and values, legislative and policy frameworks and the wider context in which schools operate.
Ideally, you will have completed the Level 2 Award Teaching Assistant (NCFE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools), but this is not compulsory. You must be over 16 to enroll on the course, however, you should know that teaching assistants generally need to be aged 18 or over.
020 7022 0804
1. NCFE Level 2 Award in Support Work In Schools
Discount price: £384 Offer ends 30/11/2014
2. Teaching Assistant: CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (QCF) Course
Discount price: £299.99 Offer ends 01/12/2014
3. Teaching Assistant: Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Certificate QCF Level 3 Course
Discount price: £389.99 Offer ends 01/12/2014