- Price £1,310
- Course type Classroom course
- Duration 3 Days, Part-time
- Awarded by EDI/ASTD
Tutor is available to students.
As a learning leader, you face challenges such as understanding the organisation, managing learning solutions, and organising and administering the learning function. This workshop is designed to prepare you for these challenges and set you up for success in your role.
What will I get out of it?
- Insights on best practices in the field
- Your own plan for managing the learning function at your company
- An interactive workshop including self-assessments, small-group case study discussions, best practice reviews
- Expert feedback on the specific challenges you face
Who is it for?
This ASTD Certificate Programme is for Training / L&D Managers responsible for delivering best practice approaches to learning which meet business objectives and generate organisational success.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
* Realise the current and evolving role of the learning manager
* Establish a vision of how the learning function improves business performance and enables execution of organisational strategy
* Develop long-range learning, development and human performance initiatives to implement the vision
* Partner with business leaders to utilise learning as a performance improvement tool
* Understand what drives business and how the learning function can best add value
* Ensure the utilisation of best practices in needs assessment methodologies; applied adult learning theory; learning design theory; learning technologies; and learning information systems
* Lead and manage the learning function like a business by converting strategies into action plans; developing and monitoring budgets, understanding staffing and resource deployment
* Identify the learning project life cycle, and complete the learning manager's role in each phase
* Illustrate how a learning manager can build effective relationships with internal clients
* Ensure quality throughout the course development process
* Consider and apply three business models for the learning function, and identify which model is appropriate for your organisation
* Apply the key components of the learning business plan, linking the this to the organisation's strategic plan
* Ensure that learning activity is aligned, integrated, managed, efficient, effective and makes a sustained impact
* Utilise at least four criteria to evaluate the current solutions of the learning function
* Consider what processes are outsourced by the learning function, determine and manage what to outsource
* Enable the learning function to partner with human resources on key initiatives and to face joint challenges
* Ensure legal considerations relating to L&D are incorporated to protect their companies from risk
* Evaluate emerging technologies