Financial options0% APR
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 9 Days, Part-time
- Qualification CIPS Level 2 Introductory Certificate in Purchasing & Supply
- Awarded by Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Tutor is available to students.
CIPS Level 2 is the first in a series of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualifications and is designed to give students a basic understanding of the major concepts involved in purchasing. After gaining this qualification, students will have the necessary skills to take the first steps towards a career in purchasing/procurement, or progress onto a more advanced CIPS purchasing course.
Who is it for?
CIPS Level 2 is designed as an introductory purchasing course for those who aspire to work in or are new to purchasing and supply, or those who have minimal purchasing/procurement responsibility in their current role. It gives an overview of the fundamental principles and processes in purchasing and supply.
The course is made up of one compulsory unit which is split into the following four sections:
The Role and Scope of Purchasing
* The Context of Purchasing
* The Generic Purchasing Cycle
* The Contribution Made by Purchasing
* Approaches to Purchasing
Systems and Procedures in Purchasing
* Documents and Records Used in Purchasing
* Issues Involved in Holding Stock
* Establishing Purchasing Needs
* Obtaining and Analysing Suppliers Quotations
* Identifying Problems in the Purchasing Cycle
Working with Suppliers
* Understanding the Need to Work with Suppliers
* Different Approaches to Sourcing Suppliers
* Importance of Negotiating with Suppliers
* Ongoing Supplier Relationships
The Importance of Purchase Contracts
* The UK Legal Framework
* An Introduction to Contracts
* Forming a Contract and its Key Elements
* The Consequences of Breaches of Contract
* Contract Terms and Conditions
purcashing > purchasing manager