- Price Enquire now for pricing information
- Course type Online course
- Duration Part-time
- Awarded by The Higher Learning Commission
A research-based degree program, the Education Specialist (Ed.S.) program is designed to help educators with a master’s degree go further in the field of education.
With a focus on analysis of current research and hands-on study through field experience, the Ed.S. program allows you to sharpen your critical-thinking skills while exploring relevant topics concerning educators today.
An Education Specialist degree, sometimes referred to as a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (C.A.G.S.), is ideal for educators who want to remain working in the field but who would like to increase their influence and impact on their learning communities.
At Walden, we offer a variety of Education Specialist degrees to best meet your specific interests.
If you are a future administrator seeking to strengthen your leadership skills, consider our Ed.S. in Educational Leadership and Administration, which can lead to P–12 principal licensure. Or if you are interested in technology, the Ed.S. in Educational Technology offers the opportunity to gain practical experience with emerging technologies in a wide array of learning environments.
Educators focused on special education, teacher leadership, or professional development can also find Education Specialist degrees in these areas.
Choose from the following:
- Administrator Leadership for Teaching and Learning
- Adult Education
- Assessment, Evaluation, and Accountability
- College Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development
- Early Childhood
- Educational Leadership and Administration (Principal Preparation)
- Educational Technology
- Leadership for Social Change in Education
- Reading and Literacy Leadership (Non-Licensure)
- Special Education
- Teacher Leadership