Enquire now for pricing information
Financial optionsPayment plans available (Conditions apply). Please contact a Learning Consultant for more information.
- Course type Online course
- Duration 115 Hours, Part-time
- Qualification Cisco Certified Network Administrator - CCNA
- Awarded by Cisco
Tutor is available to students.
** Please note: Exam bookings will not be available after Monday 30th September. If you wish to complete this qualification you will need to finish your studies and pass your exam by this date. **
Who is it for?
This CCNA course and certification are designed for those who are looking to embark on a career in Network Management. The CCNA certification is a stamp of approval for associate-level professionals interested in networking.
What jobs will I qualify for?
The CCNA Security training course and certification will prepare you to perform job roles like the following:
- Network Analyst
- Network Technician
- Network Administrator
In these roles, you could earn up to £40,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK Only)
When can I start?
You can enrol at any time - start today.
Are there any requirements?
There are no formal prerequisites for taking this course or certification. It is, however, recommended that you complete the CompTIA A+ course prior to enrolling.
What skills will I gain?
Become a networking specialist and gain highly regarded expertise in implementing and maintaining networks. The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification validates your ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched Cisco networks. This is an associate-level qualification that provides you with a fundamental understanding of Cisco’s network technologies.
640-822 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) v1.0
• network fundamentals
• network communications and connections
• switched LANs
• switch optimisation, security, and troubleshooting
• wireless LANs
• routing and addressing in the LAN
• packet delivery, security, and remote access on the router
• WAN technologies and routing
• WAN encapsulation and dynamic routing using Routing Information • Protocol (RIP)
• network environment management
640-816 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2) v1.0
• small and medium network implementations
• improving switched network and VLAN performance
• routing fundamentals, subnetting, and VLSMs
• single single-area OSPF implementation
• Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) implementation
• access control lists (ACLs)
• address space management
• transitioning to IPV6
• VPN and point-to-point WAN connections
• extending the LAN to a WAN
What support is available?
- Your training takes place through easy-to-navigate video, audio and interactive tutorials
- At the end of each section you will have the opportunity to sit multiple-choice practice tests to check how you are getting on
- LiveChat Mentors, and our Student Support team, will be available to help you along the way
How will I be assessed?
Two exams, as listed above. As an alternative to sitting the two CCNA exams separately, you may elect to sit one CCNA exam (Exam 640-802), which covers the curricula of both individual exams. For both streams, these exams will need to be booked and purchased separately
If you choose to take the exams separately, when you pass the first exam (640-822) you qualify for the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) qualification.
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a Specialist Cisco Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2840 or enquire online today to request a call back.