Enquire now for pricing information
Financial optionsPayment plans available (Conditions apply). Please contact a Learning Consultant for more information.
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 160 Hours, PartTime, FullTime
- Qualification CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing
- Awarded by Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Tutor is available to students.
Receive a £250 voucher for Thomas Cook holidays when you enrol today. Offer ends October 31.
Who is it for?
The Introductory Certificate in Marketing is for all those who want to find out more about marketing - whether you're in a job that involves marketing or not. It answers the question: What is marketing? It also aims to develop knowledge and skills for people who are working to support others in basic marketing tasks.
Previous experience and marketing knowledge are not necessary. This course is ideal for anyone who is looking to gain the knowledge and skills to kick-start a career in marketing.
What jobs could I qualify for?
- Marketing Assistant
- Online Marketing Content Manager
- Social Media Marketing Assistant
In these roles you could earn up to £22,000 per annum (Source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK only)
When can I start?
You can enrol at any time - start today.
Are there any requirements?
There are no formal pre-requisites for enrolling on this course of completing this certification.
What skills will I gain?
Marketing is a diverse and exciting discipline that covers a range of activities including advertising, public relations and social media. The Introductory Certificate in Marketing is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and covers the fundamentals of marketing including writing a marketing plan, understanding customer behaviour and segmenting and targeting customers to meet specific needs.
Throughout this CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing course, you will cover the following topic areas:
- Getting to grips with marketing
- Study guide, helping you to maximise your time effectively
- Understand the role and function of marketing
- Explain the role of marketing in achieving customer satisfaction
- The role of marketing as a cross-functional activity
- Internal and external marketing
- Understanding the marketing environment
- The micro-environment
- Introducing the marketing mix
- The marketing mix: Product
- The marketing mix: Price
- The marketing mix: Place
- The marketing mix: Promotion
- The marketing mix: Service elements
- The different ways in which customers make buying decisions
- How marketing is applied in different organisation contexts
- Understanding customers – needs, wants and orientations
- Understanding customers – gathering information
What support is available?
- You will have unlimited access to Home Learning College's tutorial support for two years
- One year's membership to CIM while you study
- 24hour access to the Home Learning College Virtual Community - the biggest online campus in the UK
- Free Career Management Centre services
- Optional NUS card - student card with a range of exclusive discounts
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to pass one CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing exam in order to complete this certification. This will require booking and purchasing separately.
Don't take our word for it, hear what students have to say about our service:
‘I wanted to thank you for your support in choosing the right course. From the very first conversation we had it showed how knowledgeable you are in your field, and you were very informative and patient which was much appreciated.
If I have any further learning requirements I know who to contact!’
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a specialist Marketing Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2842 or enquire online today to request a call back.
020 7980 2842